BEFORE WORK

nemasis243

Had an old flame come over last night for a meal and she ended up staying the night :D , anyhow I awoke this morning with no duvet on my side of the bed, I aint the best sleeper in the world anyhow but this was the iceing on the cake :o

I looked at the alarm clock 4.45 ,so I decided to get up and get my stuff ready for work , I leave the house about 7ish but today I didnt have to be in work till 8 :( ,

I sat in the chair and pulled back the curtains and watched as night started turning into day ,it was a beautifull morning out there, so i decided to get the musket and go for a walk , I stuck my head round the bedroom door and all I could hear under the mound of duvet was ZZZZZZZZZZZ :D

So I was off, I drove down to a place where I have 3 large fields in a block with a big irrigation pond in the middle , I pulled into a gate way parked up and set off keeping tight to the hedge,

I went in about 30yrds and had a scan with the bins and couldnt see much happening only a few rabbits in the pea field across from the pond.

I walked another 100yrds or so and had a look again ,

Hello there - here was Charlie down in a small gully about 300yrds away,

I dropped down a bit and made my way round the field so I was now in front of the fox , the slight breeze that there was,was cumming straight towards me so I was ok ,

I flicked the bipod down and layed down on the edge of the gully and waited, after about 10mins here he comes , his nose was stuck in the long grass and looking for mice I would have thought.

I lined up on his chest and as I sqeezed off he darted to the left for some reason , the bullet went straight down the side of him and into a thick bank by the pond,

I racked the bolt quickly and the fox was now standing side on and looking straight up the gully in my direction ,

I had to shoot the fox there ,for if he went up onto the top of the gully the shot wouldnt be safe, I eased pressure on the trigger and boom :lol: ,

It was one of those times that as you sqeeze the trigger it seems as if the foxes body posture was just about to change and he was thinking of getting the hell out of there, fortunately the bullet found its target first :lol:

17022008056.jpg

I then had a bit more of a walk and then was back in the car and home for a shower,

By the time I got home my friend had got up and she was in the bathroom for bloody ages, thats women for you.

Anyhow I had some fun and it was a good start to a very busy day.

SPUD Im sure you have a one track mind :o

Hope the swelling has gone down , mine did after an hour or two :lol::D:lol::(:D

Cooperman223 the fox is across the valley from the Turkey farm so he was having a good feed at night, I had seen him a few times but couldnt get the shot in the lamp, so changed tactics, we was a fat old boy :lol:

Archived