shipping powder

casts_by_fly

hi guys,

Can you ship powder in this country? Is there a Hazmat fee like in the US? Does it have to go through an RFD?

Thanks,

Rick

Yes you can ship it but it has to go via TNT, and it does have to go to a RFD. TNT are the only company that transport it and expect to pay £30 for the privilege.

If you are buying it from a rfd you can have it sent to you direct. I paid £18 for the last lot I had the price is the same wether you have a pound or 10 sent. I'm not sure of the upper limit for the carrier but you are only allowed up to 6kg of powder( I think) on a firearm cert after that you get tied up in red tape. :rolleyes:

RF,

I think I'll just have to shop around the RFD's and see what they have. I've got plenty around within 30 minutes, so I just have to call around.

Where did you find powder for £18 a tub?

Unfortunately for me (or fortunately for my wallet) I'm only using ~10-12 grains of powder per load in my AH (500-700 per tub) and ~22-ish in my 223 (~300 per tub). That makes a tub of powder go a long way. Even a 1 kilo tub of Vihta would last forever in the AH. If it didn't work, there is a lot of extra powder sitting around (at £50 a kilo).

Thanks,

Rick

Archived