Tac 20

Interesting article.

especially as I have an empty slot :D but I don't think the wife would be too pleased if I bought something else so soon.

i was reaching out to 603 mtrs the other day with my .204 useing a 32gr blitzking on a 4" target and only just clippping around the edges of it ..mind you there was a 8.3 mph wind coming at 2oclk so that dont help none ..i had two shots at a sand stone rock yesterday at 390mtrs hit it first time on the nail second shot was only 1.5 inchs to the right of the first shot ..so i know there a good round ..all this was off the bonnet of the 4x4 ..nice rifle to shoot :D

I read the artical in the ST the other day.

I suspect there may have been a decent wind when it was tested as I would have expected a shade better group for a full custom. None the less it is a really good option, just no new factory stuff at present other than Cooper and Dakota.

A

I'm considering a 20Practical upper for my AR15 as opposed to 20Tac. Very similar rounds, just a bit more suited to the AR. Rounds can be compared at 6mmBR.com.

Pete.

I'm considering a 20Practical upper for my AR15 as opposed to 20Tac. Very similar rounds, just a bit more suited to the AR. Rounds can be compared at 6mmBR.com.

Pete.

Just dont bring it over this side of the county when we have a plate shoot, I suspect that it is a lethally addictive set up and round expecially from inside a truck. To shoot one is to need one etc.

Second thougths bring it on !!, whats on it now, 223 I assume. If you are going to keep the 223 barrel and use it I cant see a huge amount of difference from what is a fairly short tubed rifle untill you get to 300 yards or so. If its a rebarrel then yes go for it, gives you longer legs.

A

I'll have to work on Briggitte at the FLO before I decide to go for the Prac20 upper. Because I have the vermin condition on the .223 , two 6mm's and .308

she wants me to sacrifice the .223 to target only to get vermin and fox on the .20.

My AR is a 1 in 8 20" Border barrelled rifle and cost a pretty penny when I specced it and had it built so it it leaves me with a bit of a dilemna, do I sacrifice the .223 which has taken rabbits out to nearly 400yds with 55grn blitzkings and gave me five consecutive V-bulls at 900yds with 75grn A-max ( once I'd found the vast amount of holdover needed I might add ) to spend what will probably amount to another £800 spend on an upper and .20 barrel that will probably deliver not a great deal more than I already have.

My 6BR has become flavour of the month at the moment and seems to pretty much do everything I need out to 4 -500yds which is about as long as I can regularly shoot on this side of "gods" county.

Pete ( sitting on the fence for a bit ).

Archived