The weather was just right this afternoon for a Roe Buck stalk :D

After a slow stalk in to the highseat I got sat up nice and early, about 4:30pm to take in the sights and sounds of the countryside.

I saw a green woodpecker sitting on a post and glassed the rough ground in front for any signs of deer sitting up.

Then "Oscar.......Oscar.......OSCAR" was heard in the distance...mmmmmm Sunday walkers with a mutt doing its own thing. Well I thought if there are any deer between me and the dog walkers that will stir them up ;)

A minute or two later along come three Roe, two Does and a nice looking Buck, making their way slowly in front of me around 120 yards away. In the bins he looked a fine beast.

Crosshairs up, and tracked him moving between the cover..... another few yards and he'll present a nice shot.

He stopped for a second looking over his shoulder and settled, starting to browse. Head down, head up, head down, head up....crosshairs on his neck and he's down from a 140g Game King in 7mm-08.

IMG_0274.jpg

Thanks Oscar, you have potential as a beater :D

Cheers

AndyCM

Andy, I should try and note the time "Oscar" is walked, and use him again. A small gift to his ownner might not go amiss either.

Well done chap!

Atb, ft

NICE LOOKING BEAST THERE MATE, I HOPE YOU GIVE OSCAR SOME

He looks a fine animal Andy, well done mate.

Colour on his face looks interesting, with his summer coat coming through.

I reckon he'd look good on your wall.

ATB

Moses

Thanks Moses, I have kept the head, there is one broken tip, but as I only shoot a few Roe, it's all extra character for me.

That looks a fine buck . Is it heavy ? as hard to see from photo.

Well done Oscar............

Hi Foxhunter,

Yes, a well set Buck, we're hoping a younger Buck will now move in to be harvested in a few weeks.

Thanks for the comments.

Cheers

AndyCM

Archived