my first buck off sticks

Guest Scotland Rifles

Guest Scotland Rifles

a big thank you to Anthony,( tonyL on the BBS) Kev and Mark for my first buck of the sticks.

I must be one of the luckiest new stalkers around, i have 2 mentors and they are both great guys, i have learned so much since i got my .243.

Mark offered me a stalk on his shoot and with my good mate Kev took me out with a particular buck in mind, so we got up nice and early on Sunday and hit the stalk, well we seen so many doe's it was unreal, but no buck for love nor money,

so Kev and i spoke to mark and told him no joy as yet. so He said got out again and see if you can find it bob,

Well Kev said how about Tuesday night so the day was set,

Out we went and again it seemed we would come across a lot of doe's but Kev was spot on not long on the stalk and out he came. just over the 90 yards and this was my first stalk with sticks,

Up the sticks went and i settled down to take the shot, he took his time turning broadside, but Kev sorted that out and squeeze of he went,

Well what can i say, i was well chuffed, liver in the fridge and the animal is in the chiller,

once again many thanks to Anthony Kev and Mark,

just getting better and better,

sadly i left my camera at home as when i take it, i never get anything, so i left it at home and look what happened :unsure:.

fantastic.

bob.

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/3695/buckxik.jpg and to think he never showed on sunday,

Well done :unsure: Here's to many more.

Atb, ft

Guest Scotland Rifles

thank you lads,

i am loving it.

here is number 2 off 2 on new years day this year,

1st doe was taken from a kneeling position about 80 yards, and this one was a crawl on my tummy for about 15/20 yards and taken from about 95 yards both the shots were taken from a bi pod.

both taken clean and fell on the spot.

bob.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3905/newyearsday.jpg

Guest martin

Nice one Bob,good to see you getting in amongst them mate,good luck for the future as well..................Martin.

Guest Scotland Rifles
Nice one Bob,good to see you getting in amongst them mate,good luck for the future as well..................Martin.

Hi Martin.

I think you may be aware of the issues i face at the moment, so just to let you know, the letter was sent to my local rep in BASC, so i hope to hear something real soon,

thank you all its just the dogs Kahoonas.

and i can't wait to get back to the chiller. :)

bob.

Archived