"Good outing!!"

foxing2night

Hi guy,s,

Well after a long wet spell and not being able to post on this site due to our bloody phone being off for a week!!!! I am back??.

firstly after a lot of very interesting reading, i would like to say well done to all the shooters that have been testing there new rifles and giving there reports!!!!! well done lads!!!, :lol: good write ups and good photo,s.

Also i am glad to see that the foxing is starting to take off in a big way up and down the country???, again good write up,s and pic,s :lol:

Here in wales it has been like living in a bloody monsoon for the last couple of months, but i still have to go out and shoot due to a lot of farmers phoning as we have had a lot of trouble with crow,s in our area.

We have had a lot of good evenings crow busting with my shotgun!!!! over 200 crows accounted for in the last couple of weeks???, quite happy with that as it secures my shooting land if the farmers are happy bunnies?? so to speak :D

Seven foxes in the last couple of weeks and three last night, have been bloody hard going , many a night bloody wet through and most of the land still under crop,s and fields so wet that we dare not take the landrover on them???? so it was back to shanksis pony :(

A lot of the foxes were cubs shot at close range!!! not realy what i want with my 6mm ppc??? and two with my shotgun!!!

last night the weather cleered up and there was no wind what a lovely night to go foxing and some long range bunnie bashing???, first rabbit was 354 yrds across a slopeing field to a bank on the other side!!, bang thud and thank you very much :D , happy with that shot i gave my mate a go on rabbits that were popping out at about 200 yrds,, with a little bit of help he was blowing them up good style :lol::lol: one shot was a 179 head shot!!!! not to bad for only his second go with a full bore rifle,,,.

Then later after dark with only four fields on this farm that did not have crops on them we went looking for mr fox????,, one cub was in with the cow,s!!! played him like a violin :lol: 20yrds bang slat,, cows did not even move?? got him well away from them,,,, one more call and another one came running in,,,, bang thud 50 yrds!!!!. one last field to look at before we go home and one cub at about 250 right in line with a blooby house???, did not want to call him as we had a barly field between us and he would of run to us and into the crop??? :( , so we just waited to see whitch way he would go???? , nice to see him in the lamp light rooting up and down,,,,, but as he moved into a safe area the job had to be done 150yrds good night irene .

hope that i have not bored you all to death?????

all the best from wales f2n

Nice one, it's great to be out and about. I think in Wales we live in fear of rusting :)

Nice shooting and lets hope your mate gets hooked and we can recruit another varminter to the fold.

Cheers

Dave

Board hell no, good write up and a good result f2n hopefuly we will get started next month on the fox's been doing a bit with the shotties but thats about it, feel a litle lost without the 223

Hello my mate ,sounds like you have been having fun :) :) ;)

Hope the weather clears up for ya buddy!!!!!!!!!!!

All the best...............

RAY......................... :D;)

Guest varmartin

You certainly cleared up a lot of crows mate...I hate them , but not with the same passion as Varminter and Stag1933 :) :)

You did well on the foxes mate, good going. Hope the weather gets beter soon.

Martin

Thank you gents,

I was ranging for andy with my range finder and to be fair he was having a ball, the smile on his face was payment enough for me??.

also he did the lamping later and did a fantastic job??, any of the three foxes could of been lost if he had done the wrong move!!!

I am trying to get him interested in long range shooting, as we all know it is bloody addictive!!!! the more questions he asks the more interested he will become,, i hope????? :):)

Martin i will sorte you out with that dvd a.s.a.p!!!!!! that darrel holland is a master????,ha it must be in the name ;);)

Guest 308Panther

Nice story and some Good Shooting too...

Woke up this mornin swearin at the City...

Had a crow in one of the trees out back...Cawin his head off.

36 more days to go....Then its dove and early goose...

Crow dont open up till Sept 15....Same day as Grey Squirrel,Rabbit and Grouse.

Early Goose closes the 15th....

308Panther

Nice story and some Good Shooting too...

Woke up this mornin swearin at the City...

Had a crow in one of the trees out back...Cawin his head off.

36 more days to go....Then its dove and early goose...

Crow dont open up till Sept 15....Same day as Grey Squirrel,Rabbit and Grouse.

Early Goose closes the 15th....

308Panther

Hi 308,

Crows are shot allyear round here!!!!, the farm that i do most of my shooting on has a bloody big sewerage plant about 600 yards up a shared road, it has got a one acre wood at the back and about 2,000 crows that are resident??, the first year there i shot 1,100 in one year, but now they even know my car when i come up the road and they fly to the safety of the woods were i am not alowed to go :( , ,,,,, but they do provide good shooting each year???

all the best from wales f2n :D

Hi F2N.

When you say Crow do you mean Carrion Crow, Rook or Jackdaw ?

We have swarms of Rooks and Jackdaws which I normally ignore but I always zap a Carrion given the chance.

No.112 of 07 shot this morning. [ ours are devious mountain Crows which usually bugger off when they see my motor coming.]

P1010182.jpg

Guest 308Panther

They are very fast learners....I only got one or 2 shots at them,and once they see me...they do keep a distance.

308Panther

Archived