PMC small rifle primers

Alycidon

I thought I had cracked a local supplier of these primers but he tells me that the small rifle one is now no longer imported, anybody any thoughts.

I want them for the 20, I read of people using them in the same combination (N150) getting 5 round single figure ES's. Anybody tested what ES you get with Magtech primers ?. I used to use their subbies years ago, good bullets just a bit to greasy for my semis. I normally use 205s but have a few BR4s on hand to try.

A

I loaded some .338 lm loads with these primers and shot them yesterday i fired (tried) 8 shots 4 of which never went off and the other 4 were all hang firers with a delay of about 1 second on one.

Needless to say i shall be staying well away from now on and will be stocking up on cci when there's some local stock.

Just my experience but it doesn't fill me with confidence in these primers.

Sean.

Ps. these were large rifle mag primers incase anybody thought i used small rifle in the .338.

I loaded some .338 lm loads with these primers and shot them yesterday i fired (tried) 8 shots 4 of which never went off and the other 4 were all hang firers with a delay of about 1 second on one.

Needless to say i shall be staying well away from now on and will be stocking up on cci when there's some local stock.

Just my experience but it doesn't fill me with confidence in these primers.

Sean.

Ps. these were large rifle mag primers incase anybody thought i used small rifle in the .338.

I assume you are talking about Magtech. That sounds pretty bad news to me, I would hav etaken teh lot back. never has a missfire of any sort with their rimmy ammo.

A

Archived