CHARLIE ON THE RUN....

Guest Sprags

Guest Sprags

I ventured out this morning to test the drop chart I have done for my .243, after dialing the shots at different ranges it appeared that my set up was spot on so I sat and waited for a crow or something to make an appearence.

As I'm sat there a fox appeared and started making his way toward me, he was about 300yds away. He slowly made his way to about 200yds and then he stopped and started to climb through the hedge. I gave a few small quiet squeaks and soon had him running in like train......... He stopped at approx 20yds and stared straight at me, turned and started to run away. I put the crosshairs on his back/shoulders and fired. He was shot at 107yds, he rolled over without twitching, a clean kill even though it hit a bit further down his back than I would have liked!

I did take a picture but it shows the fox with a terrible wound in his back so I will not post it. The fox never even heard the shot that killed him, like I say a very clean kill!!

Regards,Sprags

You have to take the shot what ever way they present their selves as long as its safe,

If you hadnt he could have done alot of trouble in the future, nice going Sprags :lol:

makes a change from shooting dirt :lol:

Archived