Berger bullet weights

Alycidon

Today I batched up about 150/160 Berger 20 cal 50 grain varmint BT bullets.

I always batch my bullets by weight and ogeeve length and usually have about half a grain between the lightest and the heavyest in a batch hence I usually batch 400+ at a time. Hornady VMAX, Nostler BT and Barts Match are my usual fodder in the PPC.

Today I started on these Bergers, first one 50.0, second one 50.0, third 50.0, fourth 50.0, I thought my scale had broken so I put two on -100.0. Out of that batch about 2/3rd weighed 50.0, the other 1/3 all weighed 49.9. There were no variations at all, none !!.

Is this the norm for Berger ?, I would call these tollerences exceptional. Batch (Lot)code for those interested is 0007749.

Anybody any idea where I can get some small PMC primers in the Northants, Warks areas?

Thanks

A

Now sorted the primer issue, Pete Lawman is the agent,

Guest varmartin

You have proved to your self there is no need to batch bullets that are made right in the first place....

I have found the same results ..

I dont bother batchin any thing any more...

I shoot Bergers, 75 Vmax, and 155 Amax...if they need batching i toss them out . end of...

Today I batched the 49.9s by ogeeve length, 10 were .9150, 24 were .9130 and about 30 were .9140. that is pretty good.

The .9150s and .9140s are now in cases over loads from 28.0 to 31.0 of N150 ready for accuracy tests.

A

Archived