DSC 1 - Cheapest way to follow the flock please?

Guest Tiff

Flytie, I get bored easily as well, you pre-suppose that I don't know the views of my MP regarding shooting, our MP is pro shooting, does it change anything, no, they are guided by party whips and tend not to rock the boat too hard.

I was in WAAGBI and then BASC until I realised that BASC no longer represented the ordinary sportsman in the field so I now give my support to the NGO, an organisation more in touch with the real world in my opinion.

The BDS is a conservation society, and when I've been as a guest to some of their talks they seem to be made up of "the chaps" who talk a lot about deer and their control but seem to do very little about actually putting deer in the larder with any regularity but more concerned about trophies. Not all of them I might add, I know some very efficient stalkers who are members but are beginning too see the light and are not renewing their memberships.

The NRA, don't make me smile, this is the organisation that rcommended to the government that self loading rifles weren't suitable for the general public, so on their say so SLR's went the way of the dodo as far as the majority of the UK was concerned, once again "the chaps" at the head of the organisation didn't shoot them, so couldn't see the need for anyone else to own and shoot them.

If I had more time, I would perhaps spend more time making my feelings known to those who could possibly make a difference to our shooting future, but I don't. We did all this years ago and it achieved nothing and I'd predict the same result this time. Plenty of fuss about the hunting with dogs act, and even though it is mostly the preserve of toffs with plenty clout, the outcome went against them.

I have all the certificates I hope I'll ever need, SGC and FAC, so I think it maybe time we agreed to disagree and leave it at that.

I don't hate BASC and the BDS but I won't support them as they will almost certainly sell the recreational stalker down the river before much longer. This topic has been discussed at length on this and other forums before and usually achieves nothing other than a few members falling out and getting banned.

For me this topic has run it's course and I will not have my opinion swayed easily and become another member of the Sheeple Flock.

Ta Ta.

Pete.

Archived