First bow kill in New Zealand.

Interesting sequence of photos, I have no problem with people bowhunting as long as they respect the animals that they hunt and respect the laws of the country that they live in and, like with any form of hunting, of course, make sure that they are sufficiently skilled and equipped for the task in hand. What I do have a big problem with is the idiots here in the UK that go deer poaching with bows and crossbows, believe it or not, there is even a website that openly promotes this and other forms of wildlife crime. I reported it to the Police but, unsurprisingly, they were not interested even though these criminals openly post pictures of their exploits. I had a very bad experience once when I was at a deer conference, I had to sit near a very well known, very loud and very drunk stalker who spent the whole evening going on and on in graphic detail about her bowhunting exploits, I was only a young lad and could have been scared for life!! JC

Guest martin
Interesting sequence of photos, I have no problem with people bowhunting as long as they respect the animals that they hunt and respect the laws of the country that they live in and, like with any form of hunting, of course, make sure that they are sufficiently skilled and equipped for the task in hand. What I do have a big problem with is the idiots here in the UK that go deer poaching with bows and crossbows, believe it or not, there is even a website that openly promotes this and other forms of wildlife crime. I reported it to the Police but, unsurprisingly, they were not interested even though these criminals openly post pictures of their exploits. I had a very bad experience once when I was at a deer conference, I had to sit near a very well known, very loud and very drunk stalker who spent the whole evening going on and on in graphic detail about her bowhunting exploits, I was only a young lad and could have been scared for life!! JC

You should put a link to the site on here so we can all put a complaint in to the police,they would find it harder to ignore then.................Martin.

i think the bow was here before the gun :D

TP

nothing wrong with a sport in a country where its legal, takes real ckill to get close enough to use a bow to take quarry.

JC

send me the link by PM please,,,,.

Bigun

the bow may have been here before the gun, I have a recurve myself (and a crossbow for that matter) that I use on targets occasionally, however its illegal in this country to use either on live targets.

(as I am sure you know, :D )

Hi Top,

Bow hunting is not my cup of tea, i prefer coffee. But each to their own, admire the hunters ability to get close enough to the prey to use a bow though.

Hi Andy,

A link to Jacks shed: http://jacksshed.myfreeforum.org/index.php Not had chance to have much of a mooch on the site, i'm sure its has it's law abiding members. You get bad eggs everywhere though, guess the mods on there ain't doing the job there meant to do if what JC275 said is true (not that im doubting you JC).

All the best,

Jay.

Archived