RCBS CHARGEMASTER

Guest Sprags

I'm now into reloading and using 5.0.2 RCBS balance scales which are pretty good, but, I have seen this and wondered what the general view was.

http://www.guns.gb.com/erol.html#670X771

So, what's you views on the RCBS Chargemaster 1500? Are they worth the money?

Regards,Sprags

superb bit of kit and worth every penny

Talk about two differences of opinion. :lol:

The first 2 replies probably wont help you much but at least now you know the range.

I would be interested to hear from someone who uses one as I thought similar to you if only to speed things up.

Inclined to agree with Panther as I don't trust electronics either.

I know an RFD friend that uses one for a few rifles and he cant fault it. I have just put in an order to sinclairs for one as well.

Ads

Talk about two differences of opinion. :D

The first 2 replies probably wont help you much but at least now you know the range.

I would be interested to hear from someone who uses one as I thought similar to you if only to speed things up.

Inclined to agree with Panther as I don't trust electronics either.

I use one,or I wouldnt have commented :rolleyes: how can you not trust something you have never used or seen being used ????

Its taken me along time to justify paying the stupid amounts of money for one! and i only went and bought it after the price hike! :rolleyes:

I have been borrowing a mates one and now i couldnt live without it! its so much quicker reloading! which is great as i cant stand reloading its soooo boring. lol

At least while the powder is being dispensed you can seat the bullet so effectively halfing your reloading time!

I have used one for several years now without any problems. I did buy mine when the price was good, it would hurt me if I had to buy one now.

I don't think they are any quicker than throwing and trickling up a load, but while they are dispensing your powder you can normally seat one if not two bullets.

Doing it the old way with a powder thrower and trickling up meant that you did all 50/100 cases and you could then check they all had powder in, speeding the process up by using an electronic dispenser means you have to be extra careful not to seat a bullet without powder in the case.

i use the RCBS Model 1010 Scale and there bang on .mate uses the RCBS Chargemaster Combo and says there very good mind you at £347.00 they sould be ..buy once cry once buy the best money can buy is the old saying ..or what ever you can afford is what i say ..i happy with the RCBS Model 1010 Scale and feel no need to change them ..i think you should put your money in to a better powder thrower makes the job alot easer.. Harrell's powder thrower

Berger I wasn't saying you didn't use one just wanted more comments/feedback.

As regards the lack of trust, for example, I have an RCBS beam scale and a set of electronic scales. Due to drift and never really sure the reading is true I would pick the beam scale every day.

Electronics and battery powered devices are good to a point, think pda's and drop charts, but reliability is king.

Maybe technophobia but KISS rules.

My comments in no way reflect on this product just MY general attitude towards all things shooting.

Yes berger you are correct I have not used one.

Berger I wasn't saying you didn't use one just wanted more comments/feedback.

As regards the lack of trust, for example, I have an RCBS beam scale and a set of electronic scales. Due to drift and never really sure the reading is true I would pick the beam scale every day.

Electronics and battery powered devices are good to a point, think pda's and drop charts, but reliability is king.

Maybe technophobia but KISS rules.

mate you use what ever your happy with,I have used the chargemaster since it came out and the Lymam before that,plus beam scales before that,

I have compared throen charges out of the charge master against bean scales and there is no difference only that the chargemaster is quicker easier allows you to seat a bullet and dont give you tired eyes concentating on the beam

I suspose it depends on how many rounds you load,I load a lot for different people so its a priceless bit of kit to me

Guest Sprags
I know an RFD friend that uses one for a few rifles and he cant fault it. I have just put in an order to sinclairs for one as well.

Ads

I also know an RFD that uses one for multiple calibres, he rates it, I just wanted to get a few opinions off other folk to see what the general view is.

Thanks for the replies fella's

Regards,Sprags

Archived