3 CUBS IN 20 MINS

foxhunter

As it wasnt raining last night I popped out at 9pm last night for a quick look at a place for some cubs.

As soon as I arrived I spotted a fox mooching about in the gorse , so I lay down and gave a quiet call , a well grown dog cub came bounding from the cover and was taken immediately.

I thought where there is one there may be others so set myself up with a good vantage point and started calling again .........

varmints007Small.jpg

After about a minute or so I spotted another cub coming in really well , this one shared the same fate as the other :blink:

I continued calling and another cub showed itself , I shot this one at the base of the neck but it ran off , I coulndt believe my eyes , I thought Id missed it . On searching for it I found a good blood trail , it had managed to go about 25 yards after being shot by .243 100 grain , you can see the large exit hole in the pic on the top cub..

I have seen adult foxes travel a little bit when shot but a cub :blink:

20jul07peafarmSmall.jpg

Lamping should be starting soon .............cant wait !!!

I have seen foxes shot with a 100gr .243 in the chest get a new a**e hole cut only about an inch in diameter. Not much expansion then but great to use if there is a chance of some grass etc maybe obscuring the target a bit. Why do you not use a lighter bullet, you will then get much more destructive expansion. I have never had a fox move other than those I have missed using Vmax and NBTs.

A

There must be a good suply of fox's in your area Foxhunter do you have to travel far to get good shooting

Hi Spider.

First of all congratulations to yourself for winning the D.T.L. shoot at Bowscar yesterday and the other guys who won the A.B.T. and Sporting events in our annual Charity Shoot.

You raised £600 for the Air Ambulance and Beep Funds.

Also what is this I hear about thee blasting 5[FIVE] Bushytails and one Carrion Crow with 6 shots recently ?

Archived