5 hours ago, mousegunner-uk said:

Hi there, the thread size is 1-3/16" - 16tpi

That doesn't really explain much to me I'm afraid.... 

All I know is my TAC A1 in 6.5mm and  is standard....

I don't even know if my TAC 1 is compatible with Magpul stocks and forends as the original stock items are sooo Heavy!!

I was thinking of just buying a complete 1 piece chassis, that's a lot lighter......

On 7/22/2022 at 7:25 PM, chaz said:

That doesn't really explain much to me I'm afraid.... 

All I know is my TAC A1 in 6.5mm and  is standard....

I don't even know if my TAC 1 is compatible with Magpul stocks and forends as the original stock items are sooo Heavy!!

I was thinking of just buying a complete 1 piece chassis, that's a lot lighter......

Morning Chaz.

I think that the Tika will probably be metric as its European, the MDT stock is Canadian hence the 1 3/16 x 16tpi, if you bought a MDT chassis for the Tika it would fit on that, but that's gonna be extra expense for you, the only thing that you'd save on is the stock as its half price.

1 hour ago, mousegunner-uk said:

Morning Chaz.

I think that the Tika will probably be metric as its European, the MDT stock is Canadian hence the 1 3/16 x 16tpi, if you bought a MDT chassis for the Tika it would fit on that, but that's gonna be extra expense for you, the only thing that you'd save on is the stock as its half price.

Thanks for your honesty Mouse. I'll probably have to buy a new chassis. As I'm partly disabled and just can't walk about with my Tikka TAC1 as it's just so heavy..... It doesn't help being a folding stock. Although it's superbly made, It's just extra weight... I'll have to save up for a one piece chassis system.Thanks again. 

Chas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • mousegunner-uk changed the title to Bullets and Harris bipod for sale
  • 1 month later...