Electronic Powder Dispensers and Tumblers

AHPP

In the market for an electronic dispenser and a tumbler.

Dispenser - I've heard Lyman and RCBS do good ones.

Tumbler - Have recently been using a Lyman Turbo 1200. Would prefer something bigger.

Advice appreciated.

I think there was a review of the three main units on 6MMBR.com, the RCBS charge-master came out tops.

There have been a few niggles with them from what I have read (early models) but in every single case the units have been replaced free of charge, I gather RCBS's customer service is apparently second to none.

I think the early models had/have a dust shield over the pan which only opened from one side, the newer models open from either side.

I would advise to buy from the UK, because if something goes wrong then sending it back could be expensive, mine touch wood has given me three years untroubled service.

I can't comment on the other two as I have never used one.

I use a Lyman 1200 Turbo, I was sold on the words Turbo :rolleyes: why do you need bigger? are you planning on tumbling 88mm howitser shells or such like!

I think there was a review of the three main units on 6MMBR.com, the RCBS charge-master came out tops.

There have been a few niggles with them from what I have read (early models) but in every single case the units have been replaced free of charge, I gather RCBS's customer service is apparently second to none.

I think the early models had/have a dust shield over the pan which only opened from one side, the newer models open from either side.

I would advise to buy from the UK, because if something goes wrong then sending it back could be expensive, mine touch wood has given me three years untroubled service.

I can't comment on the other two as I have never used one.

I use a Lyman 1200 Turbo, I was sold on the words Turbo :rolleyes: why do you need bigger? are you planning on tumbling 88mm howitser shells or such like!

Cheers, Ian. Just discovered the dispenser article and will have a read in a sec.

How many cases (6.5x47 for the sake of easy comparison) are you doing at a time in the 1200 Turbo 1200? :)

I got sold some story ages ago about the perils of putting too many cases in at a time and work hardening them against each other. Might be ######. Might not be though.

Cheers, Ian. Just discovered the dispenser article and will have a read in a sec.

How many cases (6.5x47 for the sake of easy comparison) are you doing at a time in the 1200 Turbo 1200? :)

I got sold some story ages ago about the perils of putting too many cases in at a time and work hardening them against each other. Might be ######. Might not be though.

I have done 100 at time, probably more knowing me, but usually I do 50 at a time. I never considered the work hardening theory, but I guess there maybe something in it!

Turbo 1200 you pedantic git :rolleyes:

Archived