CA antishooting statement

PeteL

Few may have seen The Alan Titchmarsh Show on Wednesday afternoon, but here is the fallout:

forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5421043/m/7951050701

I am flabbergasted !!!. The whole thing is beyond belief

Barrington is exChairman of LACS. Leopards cannot change their spots.

I don't know who is responsible for appointing him to the CA -and as a spokesman!- but those responsible should resign or be thrown out on their ears, immediately.

Country sports do not need "friends" like this. We can do without backstabbing turncoats in our organisations.

If this fiasco is not sorted out quickly, they'll get no more money or support from me.

If anyone wants to complain the CA HQ is 0207 840 9200. Speak to the CEO if you can, but leave a strong message!.

Peter

Had a call from Simon Hart of CA this morning to discuss this matter. He agrees that Barrington has gone off the correct line somehow or somewhere.

Barringtons line was that fox control was fine, whatever the method used and he meant to condemn those who do not do it properly, humanely or correctly. However, Mr Hart admitted that it appears that it didn't come out that way in the programme.

OK, sometimes these things happen but frankly, whatever Barringtons' agenda, we in the fieldsports community can do without such possible misunderstandings. My suggestion was that he should get a scriptwriter and do some rehearsal before appearing on national TV as a spokesman for the CA.

Hopefully, this will be sorted out and we won't have a repeat of the fiasco.

Peter

Archived