Help identifying a rail

Popsbengo

I have a Swing SIN71 that's had a Weaver rail fitted some time in the distant past.  The receiver was drilled and tapped to accept what was probably a standard rail for some other gun.  The rail is around 7" overall with a hollow (concave) profile to fit a rounded receiver.

I've dimensioned it in inches as it appears to be sized as per.

I want to fit a 20moa picatinni rail so knowing what the Weaver rail was designed to fit would be a great start.  I have appended a sketch if anyone can help please?

Scan.jpeg

RPA quadlite? I've got an old rail kicking about somewhere, I'll measure it if I get the chance... IIRC it was designed to  use 2 remy 700 front mounts if that makes sense.

Thanks Mat but it looks different if I'm reading your info correctly.  

6 hours ago, johngarnett said:

You could try a parallel rail but use offset rings as Burris XTR rings (Optics Warehouse). I think incline is up to 40 MOA max.

JohnG

Thanks, I know that's an option but a rail is my preferred method

You're welcome to have the rail to try if you like (it's difficult to measure accurately), it's no use to me... PM me... If it's correct, I'm sure RPA would be able to supply a picatinny version.

It would make sense for it to be  a Quadlite, HPS might well have drilled your Swing for a previous owner and a Quadlite rail would be something they would have to hand.

1 hour ago, Mat said:

You're welcome to have the rail to try if you like (it's difficult to measure accurately), it's no use to me... PM me... If it's correct, I'm sure RPA would be able to supply a picatinny version.

It would make sense for it to be  a Quadlite, HPS might well have drilled your Swing for a previous owner and a Quadlite rail would be something they would have to hand.

Thanks, I'll message you later