Went for a look at some new prospective permission..........

Guest martin

Guest martin

Walked round the new land this morning.......

Well,I went to see the landowner on a bit of land fairly near me this morning thinking that he was going to ask me to look after a few hundred birds.I am not in a positon to be able to do that at this point in time,and,was hoping to get the rabbit and fox shooting along with any other pest control he wanted done,he also has deer on there,and,three fair sized plantations(Poplars with a few broadleaved in there for good measure).He was a great guy,that loves guns/rifles although he doesn't shoot very often,he just loves them.He did say tghat he does want to put birds down at some point,so would like the fox population thinned out,and,the deer also controlled.He signed the permission slip there and then,and,then showed me the boundaries,and,basically told me to get on with it,I can put up a highseat,even though there is already one there,and,just said to let the manager know when I am going to be about.......I was over the moon,especially after the last few days.

Anyway,here are a couple of well used Deer paths.............

DSC00093.jpg

DSC00094.jpg

And,some fraying,one bit is where we disturbed him,and,you can see how high up the tree it is as my Brother-in-Law is 5'11"...

DSC00095.jpg

DSC00096.jpg

Here is the resident highseat..............

DSC00097.jpg

and,the view from it,forwards.............

DSC00098.jpg

and,the Badger sette just behind it.............

DSC00099.jpg

Here is a couch that we disturbed another very good Buck from,he was amongst the Poplars with another young Button Buck,and,a Doe...........

DSC00101.jpg

All in all I think it was a very productive day,seven Deer seen,and,the next time I shall get there(tomorrow)I shall be well gunned up and ready for the off!!!!

Cheers.................'M'

Archived