April 1st , the start of the roebuck season ! I arrived at 6am and proceeded to head for a small plantation hoping to find a buck. As I approached I spied a buck at the bottom of the plantation , he jumped the fence and started to make his way up the banking. I got myself ready on my sticks and waited as he had disappeared from view, after about 10 mins and no sign I decided to try and locate him. I carefully climbed the fence and started stalking across the bank when all of a sudden I spied the buck feeding with his head down. I placed my 22/250 on my sticks and put the crosshairs just behind his shoulder , he dropped on the spot :D

On the report of the rifle a fox came hurtling staright at me out of cover , my rifle was still positioned on my sticks so I followed the fox through my scope and wondered wether to try and shoot the fox on the run but at that moment it stopped and I quickly bagged it as well .

Now I know it was April 1st and April Fool and all that , but the buck had only 1 eye and so did the fox :D

What are the chances of that ?????????????????????????

01april2009001.jpg

1 eyed buck............

01april2009004.jpg

1 eyed fox.............

01april2009009.jpg

Now who can think of an explanation as I have no eye deer :):blush::D:D

Adds a whole new meaning to "a left and a right" especially if you used a rifle :)

Well done, nice head on the buck I wonder what happened to the eye?

A good start to the season Mark. I think you should put a £ on the lottery as the chances of shooting those 2 must be similar odds to winning it :blush::)

Cheers

Dave

You Jammy bugger :o

You got to much time on your hands :lol::lol:

EASY Stalking when they cant see you COMMING tho :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Cant wait to catch up end of April, good shooting Buddy ;)

Archived