530 yard Rabbit

Guest varmartin

Guest varmartin

I got to Ray`s ( Varminter) house at noon and we loaded my truck to do a bit of target shooting at a local spot we call `Harrolds`.

Off we set to travel the 3 miles to the location to find a lovely windless spot in a valley and set out a target board at 100 yards...Ray wanted to test some 65 Vmax loads for his 6ppc.

I needed to test my CG two stage trigger i had just installed on mt 7.62 Musgrave.....more of that in another post later...

The testing was completed with Ray showing me what a `bug hole` looks like from his ppc......so i returned the favour and demonstrated what my 6mm BR pushing 75 Vmax can do....both our rifles were ` on song`.

We had a bite to eat and Ray made a cup of tea for both of us, packed up our gear and headed off in search for some `Fur or Feather`.....

Ray spotted a Bunny and said " Go on then, I can see your itchin" ( or words to that effect ). There were several out but mine was the furthest to the right...

I set up off the bonnet of my 4X4 and my spotter confirmed a range of 530 yards, There was hardly a breath of wind from behind so I just dialled in 9.00 MOA less a click for the very slight incline.

I confirmed with Ray i was about to take my shot and tickled the trigger to be rewarded with a direct hit and watched the Rabbit roll over without a twitch.

All the other rabbits scarpered so Ray took aim on a lowly cow pat and also scored a direct hit ....but his was the better shot as it was 538 yards..... ;)

Thanks for the company Ray....as it turned out to be a most enjoyable afternoon...

DSCF3441.jpg

Well done Martin on a very nice shot!!!! :D;)

Just got to love those short stack BR / PPC cases!!! ;)

As always mate - a pleasure to shoot with one of the fruit slayers!! ;) , but what is this i see before me!! - my miserable looks when i have my photo taken is rubbing off on you buddy!! :D :D :D ......

Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSCF3442.jpg

Thats better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best........................

RAY................................... :D;)

Guest varmartin

Just got to love those short stack BR / PPC cases!!! ;)

As always mate - a pleasure to shoot with one of the fruit slayers!! :D , but what is this i see before me!! - my miserable looks when i have my photo taken is rubbing off on you buddy!! :D :D :D ......

RAY................................... :D :D

;) ;) Very nice of you to put than one up Ray....suppose i have deserved it in the past.... :P

Just got to love those short stack BR / PPC cases!!! :wub:

As always mate - a pleasure to shoot with one of the fruit slayers!! ;) , but what is this i see before me!! - my miserable looks when i have my photo taken is rubbing off on you buddy!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ......

Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSCF3442.jpg

RAY................................... :D;)

thats his normal face,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we normally smack it around a bit so it swells and looks normall :lol::lol::lol:

Guest varmartin

I was squatting over some of that rabbits intestines ....nearly had a fit when i looked down... thought i had past part of my bowls ...

Archived