new trigger for winchester coyote model 70 .223

Hi,

thinking about an upgrade to the factory trigger on my coyote .223, the factory trigger has been worked on by its previous owner and is better than some but its just not quite what i want, anyone had a replacement fitted?

looked at timney but the fitting instruction involve a lot of fileing, rifle basix looks very similar to factory with creep adjustment,??

was hoping to do it myself but i think i may need to send it away if gunsmithing is involved.

any advice appreciated on type of unit and who to send it to would be appreciated

cheers in advance

Guest varmartin

I have a Jewell on my custom rifle ( 700 action ) and it was a case of knocking out 2 pins ...almost a straight swap..no fileing or dremeling...

It is the best single stage unit i have ever used ...

I have also got a CG Universal Jacksons trigger i am in the process of fitting to my 7.62 target rifle....now that is a different story with regard instalation but you will nead to wait to read about it on here.....

The rifle basix,s simple looks belie an excellent after market trigger....certainly one of the best in the range, they transform the winchester. However, there is a jewell available, as previously mentioned. Its the best trigger there is.

Hi

iv fitted a few jewels to Winchesters and i have not had one drop strait in yet, but i will say this the bit of in letting is worth it as i feel the jewel is the best out there.

ATB

Colin ;)

yes got a jewell om my mod 70 stealth. superb trigger factory set at 1lb no creep and breaks like glass.

i got richard pope to fit mine as he only lives up the road in bromsgrove from where i live in worcester. took him abit of time as it was fiddly ! had to take some out the stock and the trigger guard.

but i have the h&s stock on mine if you have the wooden one it mite be abit more easy. what i would say is if you get the right guy to do with the right tools then its easy. i wouldnt want to do it myself thats for sure.

having the right gear is important its quicker and neat then.

as your only buy redding have a word with dasherman im sure he will sort it

Archived