nell

Hi guy's, after months of barrel break in ,shot development and a fair bit of paper punching it was time to grt out and shoot something. Mate had done a drop chart for me so everything seemed in order to do some long range pest control,alot of ground has been seeded so we have rooks and pigeons a plenty.BEATTIE 16 and i arrived on the ground(then drove home forgot mod).Beattie was spotting and shouting out the numbers,first up a pigeon @205 went up in a white cloud,went a bit down hill after this,missing a few,all just over the top,bit of head scratching then couldnt believe my luck, phone rang it was Lee(border barrels) wondering what we where up to,he was soon on his way to meet us.Now back on track after some number adjusting a rook @290 and a pigeon @308.Missed several more at out ranges to 750 (and a fox we wont mention).Wind was gusting 10mph + which wasnt helping this novice long ranger,but lucky to have an expert teacher in Lee. Lee impressed us with a rook @406 with his 6.5x284(think).Great way to spend an afternoon.

My set up

Rem action,kepplinger set trigger

Border cut barrel 1-12 twist 26 inch 6mmbr

AICS stock

Jet z mod

IOR 6x24-50 scope

Ammo used

27gr VMAX

32.2grs VARGET,3048fps (bit slow???)

NELL

well done there mate and welcome to the 300 yard club, secret passwords and handshakes will be emailed to you lol

cracking shooting got any picciesj

Welcome to the 300yd club!!!! :D;)

Sounds like you had a great day out!!

All the best...............

RAY........................ ;) ;)

Archived