Another night in the barn

Toby

Although the moon wasn't at its best last night I still had to give the barn a go.Even against a snowy background I was really having a job to see small details.At 0130 I had a visit from mr badger,it was fun watching him scurry backwards and forwards enjoying his fish supper :ph34r: Not a lot of life for a few hours until at 0525 a fox appeared from behind the muckpile headed for my bait.Safety off, red dot on and wait until it stops, the reassuring thump coming back at me as the fox dropped to the shot. A nice vixen approx 5-6kg.Luckily by this stage the light was much better.Just before 0700 a couple of elk made their way gingerly across the field and into the woods and beyond.The snow has enough of a crust on it now that they managed to stay mostly on the surface without sinking.Another good session at the barn, thats 6 that we have taken in the last 3 1/2 weeks.

ftgyt003.jpg

ftgyt009.jpg

Nah,heaters are for puss, wimps I mean :ph34r: I sit all thermalled up in a winter sleeping bag up to my waist and plenty of wool and fleece on top.Have managed without the heater down to -20 although I will admit that it took about 15mins before I could feel my feet ;)

Archived