Not so crafty carrion crow!

shrek

The situation most of us here will have wintessed, soon as a carrion crow sees a vehicle stop or especally a muzzle appear from the window the gently glide off to somwhere where they think they're out of danger!

However what the crows still yet have to realise that i have a 6BR and 312 yards certainly aint out of the danger zone ;)

been hitting the carrions hard latly as they are pairing up and they are only just to happy to peck the eyeballs from young lambs! There again, im only just to happy hitting them with 87gr V-max's haha

My Lakeland Carrions are crafty buggers and will not sit even at 300yds , when they see my motor appear the cowardly sods fly off .

I have always said that if two are in a field and you shoot one of them you educate the other .

There should be an EU regulation passed to make them sit at 200 or 300 yards for geriatrics to test their marksmanship .

I have had 5 recently but missed one due to a premature ejaculation of the bullet !

We start serious lambing of the Swaledales in April so some more will have to go before then .

One of my farmer friends recently sold one of last years Swaledale tup lambs for £7000 .

I drive my motor to a farm probably not getting a shot , park up and get the farmer to drive me around in his motor to which they are accustomed .

Some of them get vapourised before they suss me out .

The 75gr V.Max from the .243 sorts them out !

Due to my self inflicted injury last Sept. I only had about 116 Carrions last year and 12 Maggies .

HWH .

Im not surprised that they dont land about 300 yards away when they know your about Hubert! Ive seen the results of you + your 243 on the range, if anything i feel sorry for the corvids in your part of the world, living in the constant fear of seeing a rav4 stop in a gateway hahahaha!

Hi Shrek .

Thanks for returning the `Chris. Batty Memorial Trophy` , I will get it engraved with your name .

Due to a cock-up by the Gun Club [ clays ] that rifle shoot is now on 14th June instead of my previously advertised date of the 21st June .

The Spring shoot is on April 19th.

I will have no problems on that shoot date but come my 76th birthday on May 31st I may be a PEDESTRIAN [ a geriatric pensioner ] .

I have returned all the forms to the DVLA and am hoping my licence to drive will be re-issued .

Sight almost gone in left eye and downward vision in the right getting worse .

Good news is I can still see the reticle centre at the moment !

I have been investigating Mobility Scooters !!!! [ Class 3 for road use , 8mph .]

The Carrions would not recognise me but the distance to travel is too far .

HWH .

Got five stupid Carrions today with 6 shots , all under 250 yds .

Called at a farm for a mug of tea and a chat and was told by the farmer that a Fox was sitting in the middle of his road at 10-10am chewing one of his lambs .

Wrong place at the wrong time !

V.Max pic. below !

HWH .

TARGETS008.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well done Shrek, the 87 gn Vmax is a great bullet in the 6BR.

Stag you seem to be on a roll at the moment with those carions. Long may it continue, hopefully you will get your licence back, if not a mobility scooter in "Real Tree" that would certainly bugger up those carions.

Cheers

Dave

I have a group of 3 about, I set a dead rabbit up, all three were on it when I exploded one of them in front of the other two from the house window at about 100 yards, that was last summer. Now if I go anywhere near that window they are gone, they certainly learn. As for trying to open a window this winter forget it.

A

Archived