CZ 457 MTR stock upgrade

I'm looking at changing my mtr stock for something more target orientated and affordable, I'm waiting on a reply back from CZ UK about the cost of a 457 LRP stock but if that falls through can anyone help with advice on options for one without breaking the bank? 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Terryp said:

Not sure if it fits the bill for you but I put my 457 in an MDT Oryx stock. Was around the £3-400 mark I think 

E2410E7E-4183-4AC0-91C3-F2922C6C61E0.jpeg

Looks well that, I've ordered the 457 LRP stock from sportsman, fingers crossed the wait won't be too long? 

Thank you. The LOP was a fair bit short for me to be honest. Had to put a few packers in but once set up it made it a lovely comfortable gun to shoot. Originally it had the synthetic stock on but I couldn’t get on with that at all. To short , awkward grip and made me feel as though I was shooting a cadet rifle, all hunched up and uncomfortable. 

Hope your new stock comes through soon 👍

27 minutes ago, Terryp said:

Thank you. The LOP was a fair bit short for me to be honest. Had to put a few packers in but once set up it made it a lovely comfortable gun to shoot. Originally it had the synthetic stock on but I couldn’t get on with that at all. To short , awkward grip and made me feel as though I was shooting a cadet rifle, all hunched up and uncomfortable. 

Hope your new stock comes through soon 👍

Thanks I hope so too.  Regarding length of pull, I think the LRP stock is a bit longer than my current MTR which will be a welcome addition as currently when I'm shooting off the bench the gun/scope combo is that bit too close and that's with scope mounted as far forward as I can get it safely. 

Mines a 17hmr. With the synthetic/ factory stock my hand felt all scrunched up around the grip and I was struggling to get a comfortable head position for decent eye relief on the scope (Hawke Frontier).

I tried loads of neoprene comb and LOP risers but the gun ended up looking like a foam box with a barrel attached. That’s when I bit the bullet (as it were) and got the adjustable stock. After messing around with the comb height and adding / removing various LOP spacers it now feels perfectly natural to shoulder and shoot off a bipod. My groups also tightened right up and my hand naturally falls into a good shooting position around the grip. 

It has completely transformed the gun and I’ve now gotten over the fact that the aftermarket stock cost as much as the original rifle, I just haven’t told the wife!!

Its changed again since that photo was taken. A mate of mine made an aluminium vertically adjustable butt pad with a removable bag rider. He didn’t get on with it so I’ve now got that on the CZ too. I’ll take a pic next time I’m out with it

52 minutes ago, Deserttech Europe said:

Dolphin do a nice chassis

I bet its a small fortune too.. No disrespect to Mik as he does quality gear but it'll be more than I'm wanting to spend, coincidentally I did look at his rigs before I posted this thread but didn't dare send him a message enquiring 😁

10 minutes ago, Deserttech Europe said:

I am not to far away (North Northamptonshire). If you wanted to see the rifle in the Dolphin, then maybe we could met up.

How much did you pay for the chassis? Pm me if you don't want to say on here. 

39 minutes ago, Deserttech Europe said:

The folder from Dolphin is £600

Ewen

Cheers Ewen, if its the same as the above photo then I must say it's a cracking looking piece of kit. 

I take it, it's fully adjustable? 

Any chance you can upload some photos of your rig? 

Cheers 

MDT Oryx as it looks at the mo. I found the LOP far too short and had to add an extra 40mm to it. The cheek piece is adjustable but you’d have to be a giraffe to need to adjust it higher than its lowest point9E8B0ADE-8A9C-4B94-B1E5-A61343339B41.thumb.jpeg.986f51764beed9eecaf84a876dc1dee4.jpeg. If I had my time again I’d look into the Dolphin folder I think but the oryx is £200 cheaper. It’s a functional stock and I did find that my groups tightened right up with it fitted but that Dolphin is very tempting 😀