Found this today.......

Guest martin

Abit off topic but Tiff you should be able to answer me here,

Under the condition of "management of any estate", does that technically mean i could humanly dispatch livestock if i so were asked to do?

Or does it come under its own condition?

Just a randon query ive had for awhile??

Hi Shrek, it's a bit of a weird condition that one....I've found it greatly open to interpretation by who you ask. As a separate condition on my license I've got :

"rifles x,x,x, ammunition & solid slug ammunition may be used for the humane destruction of animals"

This covers the actual rifles/shotguns to be used on livestock or RTA deer etc.

Depending on where it is on your FAC the wording "management of any estate" often only cover the expanding bullets themselves. Meaning that if you use a hammer to put them in your OK, but as your actually rifle isn't separately conditioned you cannot shoot them through it.

This sounds daft as hell, but read your ticket and you will probably find it does only apply to the bullets.

However if it is in the main body of text and applies to your rifles and exp. bullets then I've been advised to take it as the shooting of dogs that are harassing sheep or cattle in situations where it would be inhumane to have to wait for a slaughter man to attend.

So check to see if the wording applies to just the exp. bullets or the rifle and exp. bullets. In the case of the first you will need an additional condition and the latter if its inhumane to wait then you should be OK.

Make sense?

Cheers Tiff, i see what you mean now ive actually read it over and over! As i say it was just a random query ive had, as i would far prefer to shoot a lamb or calf than hit it across the back of the head with a hammer!!

Archived