Anyone for Twister?

Toby

Managed to get out to the barn again last night,after an unsuccessful trip to the UK,flu and several falls of snow thought that I'd have a crack at the foxes again.On my first trip I managed to shoot a nice dog fox,my second was a blank and my third was a cracker!I arrived and got sorted ready to shoot for 20 00.Nothing but a few foxes and owls calling in the distance.At 00 00 I decided to have a kip for 1 1/2 hrs.Awake from 0130ish nothing happened until 0330 when a fox appeared from my left and then dissappeared again.Despite doing my best contortionist act I couldnt get a shot(which was a shame seen as it was limping).I had a fox come up the field to my bait at 0425,it required a follow up shot which again entailed gymnastics to get the required angle.One down,half an hour later another comes up the field heading for the dead fox.At 250-300m it gets suspicious and trots of out of sight.At 0545 it comes trotting past the window at 15m heading for the muck piles.Again yoga time and nr 2 in the bag.Saw another at the bottom end of the field at 0630 but was spooked by neighbours barking dogs and not sticking around.Beautiful morning,had a cup of coffee and a yoghurt before collecting my spoils.Dogfox 7kg, vixen 5kg. Sako 75 - 6.5x55-Sierra varminter HP 100grs.

DSC03575.jpg

Those foxes are in fine winter coat with you Toby.

What temperature have you got out there at the moment.

I admire your dedication sitting in a barn all night waiting for foxes.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Toby ,

A nice pair of Foxes and a nice picture too!!! :lol:

Sorry to hear about your unsuccessful trip to the UK and the Flu!! :D , hope you feel better soon!!! :)

I bet the landscape is looking beautiful with all the snow you have there!!! ;)

All the best.............

RAY.................................. :D;)

Hi Buddy nice work there, cracking pelts on those foxes :),

they would stand out a mile on that lovely snow background ;)

Have the disc arrived yet?

All the best Andy :lol: .

DSC03571.jpg

DSC03572.jpg

DSC03573-1.jpg

DSC03577.jpg

Temperature was around -1c last night.It's been pretty mild for the last 2 weeks.I checked the thermometer I have in the barn and the low temp for the last month was -15.8c.Where I used to shoot in my cabin in the bottom of the valley is always 5c colder :D Some landscape pics for you Ray,thanks for the reply.As to being dedicated sitting in a barn all night,you all know that fox shooting is an incurable disease :D Seriously though the wife and everyone else I know thinks I'm mad, I will be delaying heading out until nearer midnight.They say over here that foxes come earlier to bait before Xmas and later after.So far that seems about right. ATB Toby

Archived