6 new pups..

Well what a night that was.

Meg was starting in labour (we presume) about 8pm on Monday night and so I decided to stay with her for as long as it took. (she was in the next room) Well at 3am we had finished with all the frantic nesting that goes off and at 3:30am the water bag came free. We presumed that within the hour she would start giving birth. Wrong, at 5:30am we were on our way to the Vets as she wasn't having any contractions and the vet was thinking that it had gone on long enough. A quick xray revealed that there were 6 pups waiting to be born. Meg was given a Calcium injection to help with the contractions, and within 5 minutes out popped the first little boy. ;) Followed 5 minutes later by another little boy :D

Nothing else happened in the next ten minutes and so we were told to go home and see what happened, if by 8:45 she still hadn't had all 6 we were to return to the vets for some more birth enducing drugs. Well within 30 minutes of getting home she had brought another 2 into the world, 2 little girls this time B):( and she was looking after them realy well.

8:45 arrived and we were still 2 pups light, I rang the vet and she told me to bring her straight back without delay, More drugs and she dropped one on the floor in the vets, a boy :wub: a quick dash home and reunited her with the pups and at 10:15 the last of them was born, :wub: another little girl. They're all black, one has a white blaze and 3 have a white diamond on their foreheads, the rest are solid black.

Mum and pups all doing well and the pups are very strong too.

Photo016.jpg

Photo015-1.jpg

Archived