new ground is looking well

went up on wedneday afternoon to the new ground to put some grass seeds down in places that need it ,as i was walking up to the hide i came across 16 fellow deer two bucks and the rest hinds about 300yrds out munching on the grass and enjoying the sun ..so grass seeds down ;) then tipped toed back to the motor and back home the get the 25-06 rifle ..got home looked on google earth to check the range 284yrds looked about right for the shot ..got back to the hide ? there still there :D but moved a bit closer ..so they were about 280yrds out so i put 3moa on the scopes .looked down the scope to see who was having it..i locked on to a buck waiting for it to turn ..a few seconds passed and it turned ..i put the cross hair on its hart and squeezed slowly ..bang went the rifle thud went the bullet ..buck ran about 20yrds and dropped, about 6 hinds ran to my left one stopped about 200yrds out ,i dailed 1 1/2moa squeezed slowly and dropped her dead on the spot ..both weighed in at 72.5kg ..iv seen 3 differant herds so far 5 fellow hinds ..11 fellow deer and now theses 16 fellow or should i say 14 now plus one munty all just off are new ground in the woods waiting to come out or just in the next field which is not ares :( plenty of time yet though ..new high tower now has a tin roof and sides 7ftx5ft going to put a shooting table and two chairs in there B) i had to drag the two deer across to the motor hind about 200yrds and buck about 150yrds and i was not real in the mood to take pics but i did take the one ..funny when you have knifes and things to cut up how the camera is the last thing on your mind

DSC00250.JPG

DSC00237.JPG

DSC00236.JPG

Archived