IOR scopes

menial 1

Would appreciate your thoughts or experices on these Roumanian scopes. I'm considering one for my 6BR, do they repeat dial well, is the glass any good , has anybody used the MP8 floating ret for long range varminting at high mag. Haven't had the chance to see one personally, I have S/B's at the moment and have tried Nightforce, these seem to have the spec I'm looking for at a reasonable price as opposed to the massive price hike on S/B.

Thanks in advance, all opinions appreciated.

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Limited experience here.......I do have a 3x CQB IOR that is bomb proof and has excellent glass and thats compared against a 4x USO. It suffers from not really user friendly turrets or inital zeoring of the turrets.

A last years plod comp I saw one IOR 9-35x ?, the glass looked great but it would not hold POI. I remember that scope having a 35mm tube as well which gives you a ring choice of IOR or USO.

David.

Pete,

I have a 3-18 x 42 Illum on my foxing rifle (.243) and really rate it.

The glass is excellent and the scope is very well put together. Maybe a little 'agricultural' but I reckon

you could drive a tractor over it and not hurt it.

I can't comment on repeatability as I've never really used it for really long range work.

You're welcome to take a look at it and compare it with your existing 'scopes if you want.

Cheers for the offer Tikka, it's the repeatability I'm keen to know about before I risk £900 on the 6-24x50 tactical.

Perhaps well have a gong session with Chris in the near future and I'll get to see your scope in action and it's ability to return to zero.

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Limited experience here.......I do have a 3x CQB IOR that is bomb proof and has excellent glass and thats compared against a 4x USO. It suffers from not really user friendly turrets or inital zeoring of the turrets.

A last years plod comp I saw one IOR 9-35x ?, the glass looked great but it would not hold POI. I remember that scope having a 35mm tube as well which gives you a ring choice of IOR or USO.

David.

That doesn't inspire me with confidence David, the scope is to go on 6BR for long range dialling. Maybe I'll just have to wait a little longer and buy another S/B.

Pete.

I have ve the 6-24 x50 on my 6mmbr and so far am very happy,been doing some load development, but waiting for some better weather so i can try to get right out there...

It goes up 1moa from 1 to 200yrds and this has repeated perfectly the 3 or 4 times i've tried it...

Glass is also very good no faults as yet...

Nell

Pete,

One thought - I would check out which direction the turrets turn - if like my CQB IOR they are the same as everyone else except S&B (and Hensoldt from memory). Do you want to mix directions?

This is not an IOR issue - I find it more natural to turn turrets in the direction I would a screw (IOR, loopie, USO etc) - that was one of the reasons I changed from S&B PMII`s to USO. I would keep it consistent though, which ever way you prefer to turn turrets.

david.

If you have one more PM11 you can't live with anymore, it'll be at home with me as all my other scopes are S/B and it'll stop me getting all confused when dialling. I now find all "normal scopes" to be arse about face turretwise.

Pete.

• 3 weeks later...

just got me another nsx nightforce scope 5.5x22x50 new in the box the last one in the shop ;) £1095 look out deer ;)

Archived