Anyone shooting a 270win

nemasis243

I shoot .270 win and I'm reloading for it.

I'm using 130grn nosler accubond and combined technology BT bullets with 51grains of N160, norma brass and cci BR primers which is giving me about 2900-2950 fps.

ATB

Moses

Hi Andy,

My first rifle was a Remmy BDL in 270W back in the 70's. Handloaded for it with 130gn Speer softpoints to start then 130 gn Nosler Solid base Boattails and when Nosler ceased production of those, I went to 130gn Nosler Partitions. Groups around 1" with all of them. I use the Jack O'Connor recipe of 60 gn H 4831 with the Partitions, Winchester cases, CCI Large rifle primers, COAL 3.315", Velocity 2950 fps, Twist is 10". The 130gn Partition has an SD of 0.242 and BC of 0.400 according to the Manual. 150gn bullets do not shoot well, the group is over 2" as the twist is too slow, Partitions are a little longer than normal softpoints. I admit this old friend only gets one or two outings per year plus zeroing/practice. However, it shot quite a few Roe in the past. Good calibre, a bit noisy but more than enough for anything in this country including pigs.

Peter

Archived