Custom actions

anyone ever seen used or heard or one of these actions.

HS Precision pro series 2000SA ???

There is a 6.5x47 on guntrader just now based on one of these and built by callum ferguson for £2000.

What they like.

Ads

ADS

you may find this is a left hooker,

HSP 2000 series are ok, sort of Rem700 / Winchester mix, they have a three position wing safety, and enclosed bolt face, ive shot quite a few of these rifles as I know the chap who imports them - they do shoot well, look nice and are handy rifles.

Question whether they are worth the asking price from new though....

I noticed the left hooker. I am a left shooter but shooting righ hand rifles all my life. Might be time i tried one out!.

Am i right in thinking the jewel trigger should go straight on?

Ads

personally i would say go for the action you like the look of best. as they all shoot better than i can.

the Lawton's i got in have as far as i know shot very very well, so have the stiller's.

but my personal choice is the alpine / timberline for the moment. i would not order a nesika at present,(for me or a customer)not till we know what is happening with them.i spoke to Richard spurril the other day and he says that they are being sold,don't know who 2 but it can not be a bad thing. i think it is a shame what is/has hap pend to them but I'm sure they will be back to there former glory one day.

one other action i have fancied having a build on is a grisly but i don't know when or if i will ever get round to building something on one.

there are many many different actions out there and plenty of companies like SYSS that have laid out a lot of cash to have actions on the shelf for customers,and are still prepared to import them.(present climate) if i was thinking of building one for myself and needed an action then i would get my order in wile we can still get stuff out of the USA.

would i use a Lawton myself yes

would i use a stiller yes

would they be my first choice no nesika would, but not at the moment.

jmho

Colin :D

Archived