GOOD MORNING

foxhunter

The alarm went off yesterday morning at 4am , I looked out the window and it wasnt raining but it was windy so I went out to see what I could find.

On arrival at a local farm I was beginning to wish I had stayed in bed as the wind was gale force and the cover soaking wet

I stalked up the side of an oat field and could smell a fox had been here earlier , then I noticed old charlie slinking up the side of the field only 30 yards in front but I immediately lost sight of it . As I reached the fence looking into some rushes I spotted charlie looking straight at me , luckily I got my shot off and I was now glad I had got out of bed :D

14jul07brace001Small.jpg

I then proceeded towards a gorse banking where i had seen a cub last week ...................

14jul07brace005Small.jpg

I glassed the bank but spotted nothing so I continued glassing for about 10 mins when all of a sudden a vixen carrying a rabbit came running along the bank in full flight. I had to wait til I could find an open area amongst all the gorse .......HOY I shouted , the vixen stopped and that was number 2 in the bag.

14jul07brace004Small.jpg

It just shows even though the weather was not good the early bird gets the worm !!!

looks like it was well worth gettign up early for it, its nice to be out and about before most people are even out of there beds, you feel like you have the whole counrty to yourself.

Guest varmartin

A good mornings work, well done :D

It just goes to show that if you bother to get up it can be productive.

If you don`t get up, that morning is gone for ever......

Martin

Archived