Tikka 595 260,

Remington primer

Federal brass

42.5gn H4350

Hornady 129gn SST

Getting 2890f.p.s. from a 24" barrel

tryed 95 V-maxs for foxes, 49gn H4350 gave me 3311f.p.s.

120 BT's were a bit explosive going at 3000f.p.s. via 47gn of H4350

130 Barnes X's shot well also, same load as 129SST, I'd go 120 with X's if I bought them again........

140A-max + 140 SST getting +2700 with 41.5gn H4350

120 soft points shoot and kill well also, same/same load as 120 BT,s

Remember these are all max loads worked up in MY rifle, start a couple of grains lower and work up.

Welcome Stalker.

Yes.....my stalking rifle is a SakoM591 in .260Rem.

My favourite load is 120gn Nosler BT, 43.5gn Viht N160, CCI BR2 primer, Lapua .243Win brass necked up.

Pushing along at a fairly sedate 2750fps, but very accurate, and very consistant.

cheers for the info. i shoot a APR intercepter in 260 rem. I use 120gn sierra pro hnter iv tried a few powders i am useing H 4895 but i did use viht 140 it shot well with that but my mate says its to fast a burnig rate for the cal ?? Hope to get more info thanks for your reply mate ......

Tikka 595 260,

Remington primer

Federal brass

42.5gn H4350

Hornady 129gn SST

Getting 2890f.p.s. from a 24" barrel

tryed 95 V-maxs for foxes, 49gn H4350 gave me 3311f.p.s.

120 BT's were a bit explosive going at 3000f.p.s. via 47gn of H4350

130 Barnes X's shot well also, same load as 129SST, I'd go 120 with X's if I bought them again........

140A-max + 140 SST getting +2700 with 41.5gn H4350

120 soft points shoot and kill well also, same/same load as 120 BT,s

Remember these are all max loads worked up in MY rifle, start a couple of grains lower and work up.

cheers for all that info mate i have some H4350 will try it with my sierra 120 sp cci gold medal match primers. I can only get R&P brass cheers for your reply.....

cheers for the info. i shoot a APR intercepter in 260 rem. I use 120gn sierra pro hnter iv tried a few powders i am useing H 4895 but i did use viht 140 it shot well with that but my mate says its to fast a burnig rate for the cal ?? Hope to get more info thanks for your reply mate ......

Hi Stalker and welcome to the site. You might want to look into 4831SC and N550/N560 to get the most out of it.

P.S. Are you dyslexic by any chance?

Tiff,

With respect one 3 letter 'word' out of sequence in 2 posts doesn't make someone dyslexic. The guy has just joined the forum and I think it is inappropriate to be asking personal questions such as this on the forum.

Sorry Shootingbags its was only a bit of tongue in cheek :D

I'm quite heavily dyslexic and routinely reverse/muddle up words like 'teh dan daer' without even noticing. If google spellchecker didn't exist my posts wouldn't be legible. I even put ASB on an a rifle acquisition form once, informing the police of a new rifle. They called me up wandering what exotic make it was......Sorry if it caused anyone any offence.

Cheers Tiff

Hi Stalker and welcome to the site. You might want to look into 4831SC and N550/N560 to get the most out of it.

HI mate.no offence taken i am a bit THICK when it comes to spelling.not realy arsed.i get by .not a lot of need for a slaughter man to spell..... thank for your info cheers.

cheers for all that info mate i have some H4350 will try it with my sierra 120 sp cci gold medal match primers. I can only get R&P brass cheers for your reply.....

R&P brass is fine, start around 45gn of H4350 with the Sierra 120's, they do a good job on everything from crow-roe-red......

I use N-140 in my .308, & as I am dropping bullet weight to 125gr for a roe round, I will be trying N-135, so I think N-140 should be fine for your .260.

Dont know whether anyone has tried it, but i picked up a couple of boxes of .260 nosler custom brass whilst on a jolly to edgar bros about a month back. I primed a couple of cases to test fire a barrelled action, before it went to proof, and was mightily impressed with it. The quality looked better than lapua.It was chamfered inside and out, the primer pockets were unreal, and it was also flash hole deburred. The mutts spuds for anyone with a .260 and little spare time, i would say.

Archived