Few Photos from the last two weekends,Paradise duck Summer Seasons.

Very good pics,I do like New Zealand. One point, and I'm not trying to be clever here, I never work a dog with a collar as it is very likely to get snagged and possibly injured, drowned etc.Is there some requirement there for collars???

Great stuff mate some fantastic shooting and scenery in New Zealand from what i have seen on some of the dvd's

Very good pics,I do like New Zealand. One point, and I'm not trying to be clever here, I never work a dog with a collar as it is very likely to get snagged and possibly injured, drowned etc.Is there some requirement there for collars???

Doubles as a bouancy aid helps keep their head above water when carrying them parries :lol::lol:

NELL

"Doubles as a bouancy aid helps keep their head above water when carrying them parries" I assure you its not humerous if you see a dog snagged up and struggling in a hedge or a lake.Asphyxiation is likely in either event, unless help is rapidly forthcoming! Best avoided, don't put collars on them.

Guest martin
"Doubles as a bouancy aid helps keep their head above water when carrying them parries" I assure you its not humerous if you see a dog snagged up and struggling in a hedge or a lake.Asphyxiation is likely in either event, unless help is rapidly forthcoming! Best avoided, don't put collars on them.

What about terriers SS?

What about terriers SS?
I was referring to free ranging hunting dogs, unfortunately Terriers have a habit of getting stuck in deep holes ,so you can't really avoid collaring them for location purposes!

Lighten up mate, sure we all know the posibilties of what COULD happen,but not sure it needs to be debatet....

Unless you know different of course :lol::lol:

NELL

Lighten up mate, sure we all know the posibilties of what COULD happen,but not sure it needs to be debatet....

Unless you know different of course :D:lol:

NELL

I was just trying to pass on good advice that any real dog man will tell you! Not a case of "lightening up" if you get a strangled dog!! No experienced person I know would have a collared dog working cover! It's not what could happen bu what will definitely happen, at some point! :lol:

Seen two dogs die tragically over the years due to collars. One drowned and the other jumped a low bank and hedge and snagged on a sticking up branch, it was over 200yds away and was dead by the time the idiot owner got to it!!

Redfox

I was just trying to pass on good advice that any real dog man will tell you! Not a case of "lightening up" if you get a strangled dog!! No experienced person I know would have a collared dog working cover! It's not what could happen bu what will definitely happen, at some point! ;)

Sorry, i obviously touched a nerve with what was intended to be light hearted, did you loose one?????

As you state REAL dog men would know this.

Think you might find that dogs in NZ have thier reg number on thier collar, handy if they get lost....

NELL

No I haven't lost one, as I have never been foolish enough to work a dog with a collar on! Thats 32 years of working Springer Spaniels and Labrador retrievers, cut foot is the worse any of my dogs have suffered----been fortunate I guess! As I say, not trying to be "Holier than Thou" just wouldn't like to see someone lose a dog unnessacarily! As for Reg no's , surely N.Z. has electronic chips for dogs? No need for collars anymore, their the size of a rice grain and are injected into the neck area normally.Failing that, its simple to get it tatooed into the ear at little or no cost.Hope this is helpful.

Enough said, we can only speak for ourselves and our hunting situations though, i have hunted in several situations wher dog wear collars, pig dogs in nz and aussie wear telemitry colars,we use the bringsel for finding wounded deer and flashing collars at night for same job,but i do know where your comming from.....

NELL

Enough said, we can only speak for ourselves and our hunting situations though, i have hunted in several situations wher dog wear collars, pig dogs in nz and aussie wear telemitry colars,we use the bringsel for finding wounded deer and flashing collars at night for same job,but i do know where your comming from.....

NELL

Horses for courses but if you can avoid collars please do so! Good Day Mate!(What a nice bag of geese!)

Horses for courses but if you can avoid collars please do so! Good Day Mate!(What a nice bag of geese!)
Just my pennies worth - Work my dog with a flashing collar on at night. Had no bother but mind you its velcro fastened - should come off if dog gets hanked (I think they are paradise ducks not geese) :D:lol:

Just my pennies worth - Work my dog with a flashing collar on at night. Had no bother but mind you its velcro fastened - should come off if dog gets hanked (I think they are paradise ducks not geese) :lol:;)
Indeed they are ducks but very strange looking! As are alot of things in the Antipodes! :)

Archived