A busy few weeks a head.

6mmBR

My mate Simon phoned last night "can we go and have a look, Rolands starting lambing"

I was shattered and having been on a refresher course all day the arm chair was calling. Simon twisted my arm and I grabbed the .20 TAC

and headed out the door.

We met up at Rolands farm and planned just a quick sprint around the usual hot spots to see what we could find. It was a bright clear night and I was now glad to get out and get a bit of fresh air after being stuck in a stuffy lecture theatre all day.

Nothing showed up in the first few spots. We moved on to a field of ewes which were just starting to lamb and sure enough as the light swung around the field there was charlie. The fox was just starting to push through the fence, the light spooked it a bit and it started to trot off, I tried the old Nemasis trick and let go a loud Baaaaaaaaaaaaah the fox stopped and looked back the cross hairs were already on its shoulder, I squeezed off the shot and the fox collapsed.

005-1.jpg

The fox turned out to be a vixen heavy in cub, a good one to get out the way. If she'd had the cubs she could of been a problem near a field of new born lambs and hungry cubs to feed.

A job done but we're going to be busy for a few weeks. Simons going to start baiting a few areas to give us the edge.

Will report again soon.

Hunting finnishes this week so Nemasis myself and his new video camera are off to the turkey farm next week.

Watch this space.

Cheers

Dave

Cheers John, yes we were pleased to get that one out the way. The arrival of her cubs would of coincided nicely with the arrival of fresh lamb!

Yes Mark, both Andy and myself are looking forward to it. Andy is still sorting out the way he is going to try and get it on video.

Now the hunting season is over Andy can get back to work there, I'm just so pleased he is kind enough to invite me along to share in the fun. So hopefully ther'll be a bit of a write up next week as Andy went there last night and counted 13 foxes, lucky for us unlucky for them.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

Well done with the fox. It looks like you are going to be busy :lol: . Glad to see that you leave the ground quite whilst they are hunting that old rag. It is nice to see two groups working together and having some cooperation.

Dogfox

Nice one Dave , I see youve got the tac out the box , having fun with it again :lol:

Yep the farm manager rang me yesterday to say he drove in 3 fields the night before and saw 12 foxes with the lights of the truck , I had to go and have a little look for myself , sure thing theres a 1 or 2 about :lol:

One skipped across the road and through a gate , I wasnt going to shoot any last night but I thought I just better keep the hand in :D

Nice going there Dave!!!!! :lol:

Like you say , there are a few hungry foxes about!!!!

All the best................

RAY................................. :lol::D

Archived