Winter feeding

Hi! The neighbour of the farm where I have fox/corvid permission is a mad keen hunter.Each winter he puts out silage balls for the Elk and carrots/veg for the Roe.This year has been a good old fashioned winter and we have up to about 1-1.5m of snow in places.I took a trip to the feeding site with the farmer 3 weekends ago and we saw 15-18 Elk.The local press were there yesterday (I think) and managed to get these snapshots.There were 22 Elk tucking in to breakfast then.The pictures are taken by a journalist in the paper "Drammenstidende" and are NOT taken by me!-Toby

bilde.jpg

12.jpg

ElgSylling.jpg

Andy,I wish that I had my camera handy when it happened,it was almost like one of those kingfisher on fishing rod moments :lol: To anyone else that hasn't a clue what we're on about I tried the WAM call that Andy kindly sent me and managed to call a Tawny Owl onto the window ledge I was shooting out of!It sat on the ledge and peered round the corner of the window pane,literally 3cms from the T8 and about a rifles length away from me.And yes I did stop calling at that point ;) ATB Toby

Archived