What a Welcome

huntsman

Went out for an hour on sunday morning and this is what greeted me at the first Barrier;

IMG_0663.jpg

It just blows me away how Sh*t heads like this can do this sort of thing. :lol::mad:

The laugh is that if you are caught the on the spot fine is €300 (the same cost as a builders bin), So if caught the penalty is no more than you should have paid in the first place. :excl: NUTS!!

or if you go to court then its ~ €2000 (should be more like €10,000).

Sadly whilst I fully agree with the sentiments here I can see no real solution to the problem, in fact I think it will be the norm, let me explain,

In the UK If a person fly tips on private land the council don't give a sh*te they charge the innocent landowner to clear up the mess. If it is fly tipped on public land it is there responsibility to clear up. The council then say they are hard strapped for cash so they are going to "Spy" on individuals regarding waste, wheelie bin weighing is coming fear not country men and if they think fit, they will fine you and charge you for the waste you create even tho they reserve the right to increase above inflation the cost of council services whilst their performance and money management falls.

Fly tipping is on the increase and as these "initiatives" bite it will only increase the amount it goes on. You are forced to recycle your waste for which they get the cash from sale of it. Sadly its all onesided and I think will only get worse.

The best way to stop this (the council) is a waste disposal station. Our local council has set up a purpose built yard were you can drive in and dispose of ANY rubish into big skips. They also take rubbish from contractors like joiners-bricky's etc.

I dont think i have seen rubbish dumped in the country since.

Ads

We once had a load of rubbish dumped on our shoot, the keeper dug deep into the furniture and in a sofa he found something with an address on it, As I understand it a succesful prossicution followed.. Result, and I thought that he was looking for loose coins down the sofa sides! :lol:

My uncle Bob was working on the farm one day when a pick up turned up and dumped a load of crap. so he got in his truck and followed it back to an address about 5 miles away. he returned to his field. picked the crap up and loaded it into his truck then drove it to the address and dumped it back in thier front garden.

It is very common here.... our council have all sorts of picky rules at the dump.... no vans. no trailers...... no comercial waste.........no tyres... so it is all over my marsh instead. :lol:

hi guys ,

swampy you hit the nail on the head there to many jobs worths at the tip or recycling centres tried to take some rubbish from one of our farm cottages to the recycling centre in my four x four pick up but wasnt even allowed through the gate as i was classified as comercial but the guy behind me pulling a fair sized trailer behind his car was waved through no problem at all .so went back home dropped the bnack seats in mums little fiesta and went back with same rubbish as was waved in like royalty sadly didnt realy pay much attention as to which bags i threw in to with container was just glad to get rid of the rubbish.

but what really gets me mad is that as a farmer if the local fly by night builder cant be bothered and fly tips in one of our fields or gate ways i cant legally take that rubbish to a tip unless i can prove it is mine to get rid of it due to the requirement of the agricultural waste regs i must pay an approved contractor to come and remove it for me as it is deemed hazardous waste as i cant prove what may be contained in the waste. so as a farmer i get it as a double wammy.

graham.

Lads

Next time you have an issue with this sort of thing PM i am in the waste industry and I will see if I can help you out a bit. generally the big problem is fly tipped waste on your land becomes your responsibilty, they cannot just say that the material is hazardous doesnt work like that. Their are processes to determine the level of contamination a bit of time spent can save you a hell of alot of money. Councils are only obliged to accept household waste at the civic amenity sites, some do have sections for trade waste but htey charge usuually more than the local tip. Ultimately you pay for the civic amenity sites through council tax, you shouldnt have to pay for someone business waste. Unfortunately some of the builders dont see it that way. We move a lot of lfy tipped waste but never have heard that one, that because you cant prove what it is or where it came from it has to be classified as Hazardous. Anyway if I can be of use please pm and I will see what I can do.

Regards

Alled

Archived