Mount alignment issues help needed

n8ess

I changed my scope on my 6BR a few days ago and have alignment issues ever since. It has QR Warne rings with a weaver rail. I sold my leupold 30mm and purchased a swarovski 30mm, simple enough, or so I thought. I was 6 inches to the left and on the maximum adjustment. I tried alternating the mounts to see if that helped with no joy? Borrowed a bore sighter off a mate as I was getting nowhere. I ended up changing the top rail as when I put a level on it there was a significant difference on canter from the back to the front.

It did improve things, I am now only an inch out on full adjustment The only way I could centralize was to shim the locating bar which slots into the rail. I'm not happy with this though as the clasps are not seating correctly.

I'm not sure of the best way forward, I may have over tightened the mounts initially which bent the rail but I wouldn't have though I would have bent the mounts as they are quite robust and being quick release they are hand tightened not tension with an allen key.

Do I change the mounts as my next process of elimination? Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Neil

Guest varmartin

My guess is the fault was there before the scope change...

The leupold had loads more windage adjustment so may be you never realised it was out of true ??

Is it a one piece weaver rail ?

Get some pics up on here so we can take a look see .

Archived