Fox and Magpie

Toby

Sounds like a good name for a country pub?However, it was the result of last nights trip out on my new bait. I used to shoot from my cabin down in the valley of the farm that I have permission on,this involved a walk of a mile down into the valley bottom.This mile of fresh human tracks and the fact that almost no one ever goes down there meant that the foxes were extra spooky to anything new.After 2 winters of not getting anything the farmer took pity on me and gave me permission to shoot from his barn. I thought that this would be a better option as there are always fox tracks around the farm,plus that they are less wary of noise and human scent up there.

We have had a lot of snow over here(about 1m) so I started baiting with fish remains and pig guts 2 weeks ago.Last night was my first chance to give the barn a try and more importantly a break in the weather.I got out there for 2030 and at 2400 a dark shadow came floating from behind the manure pile and headed straight for the bait.A quick squeak stopped him and the Sierra HP turned his lights out,straight down ,not even a twitch.Missed another one at 0200 when I was busy pouring a cup of coffee ;) ,but it wasn't spooked and will be there for another day.Slept after that but couldn't resist nailing a magpie in the morning :D posting some pics of the barn and the result.Dog fox 7kg ATB Toby

jakt2009002.jpg

jakt2009005.jpg

jakt2009007.jpg

You are well set up there Toby,sat at a desk drinking coffee,and,shooting foxes..............does it get any better? I don't think so,unless he lays on a couple of loose women lol.................Martin.

Archived