Doh....

k_d

Well i went out last night for a spin around after getting a call from a neighbour the night before "theres a pair of eyes in the field infornt of my house.." great i though, packed up last night and made my way to the area.

Went to the usual spot, got out, loaded magazine,bolt was closed.safety on.(who sees where this is goin?)

Couple of rabbits to be seen no fox.

proceeded to the field where the had been the night before, nearly same time also, give or take 20 minutes. sure enough 2 pairs of eyes staring straight at me. Shot wasnt on so i moved to field beside them and walked up through field.got to a break in the hedge and i new if they were still there i had a shot.

lay down and rested rifle. switched lamp on,still lying there about 120 yards, no interest in lamp. side by side and i had a shot from the side, (now my head goes, i have the 2 of them...), Flicked safety off, held cross hair on the near sided one. squeezed...... click...

Q to foxes legging it. O well lucky for them and a lessoned learned for me... ;)

anyone else wanna admit doin something so silly but simple!!

That happened to me a while back. We spotted a fox in a field near the hill. He was coming to us nice as you like, everything in our favour save the night being a bit quiet. 180 yards out he stops, sits down on his ass and looks right at us. I've the crosshairs planted on his chest, luverly jubbly! Squeeze the trigger and.... CLICK! Whoops, never loaded the rifle did I ;) To add insult to injury he ran off as I loaded it.

I was out with a good mate a few years back, I had just taken a doe and we were driving out of the wood. I spoted 3 deer together, my - was driving stoped the car got out, got his rifle from the back of the car loaded. At this point the door open indicator was chirping so I reached over to turn the ignition fully off and nudged the horn. The deer were still there, a nice doe was broad side on at no more than 100m he lined up, squeezed the trigger and click he hadn't chambred the round. When he cycled the bolt the deer took off.

Dave

Guest magwa1962

Come on lads you are as "THICK AS ME" i never thought i would admit to this , never mind on a shooting forum for all to see, but any way here goes.

My truck is kitted out with an external marine speaker, sometimes referred to as a P.A. horn which is connected to the c.d player in the cab, i have a c.d. of various calls which work to great effect (sometimes) great for bringing "Charlie" in, i can vary the volume control to suit the conditions loud as you like to draw them in from afar then press the up or down button in this case the down button.

The scene is set i am on new land with the head keeper of a large shooting estate, he has been in touch through another gamekeeper friend who has forwarded me as guy who will help him out with his fox control, so as you do trying to impress this guy who i have just met, the objective was to see if i was any good at calling foxes.

Who is he kidding its 2nd nature to me i think of myself as the FOX WHISPERER, this will be a breeze so we get to a field were he says he has a problem, watch this i said on with the c.d. very low working up to full volume, any fox in a 5 mile radius will here this, i then lower the volume to half power and switch off.

Waited 5 or so mins. and charlie turns up MAGIC STUFF the keeper seems impressed, i ask how far do you want it in, lets see if we can try for about 70 yards he replies, no problem back on with the c.d. fox is about 300yds away and coming at a good pace, the keeper has the rifle out the window ready for the shot.

For no reason as they do the fox turns and runs so as quick as a flash up with the volume, i say to the keeper it will stop again which it does about 150 yds out, then turns and start coming again, i then say when its in about 70 yds i will stop the c.d. which should in turn stop the fox as it will wonder whats happened to its next meal HA HA HA.

In it comes, i say to the keeper are you ready, yes is his reply, reached over to switch off, and FCUK ME what do i do in the exitement i hit the wrong button and switch over to the radio and belting out the front of the truck comes the song "IS THIS THE WAY TO AMIRRILO"

DONT KNOW WHO GOT THE BIGGEST SHOCK ME the KEEPER or the FOX, he was on his toes and long gone never to be seen again.

We just looked at each other and burst out laughing, he must have seen the funny side as i ended up getting to shoot the estate for FOXES.

BLUSH BLUSH BLUSH

cheers all The Disco Fox Shooter aka Jimmy

Come on lads you are as "THICK AS ME" i never thought i would admit to this , never mind on a shooting forum for all to see, but any way here goes.

My truck is kitted out with an external marine speaker, sometimes referred to as a P.A. horn which is connected to the c.d player in the cab, i have a c.d. of various calls which work to great effect (sometimes) great for bringing "Charlie" in, i can vary the volume control to suit the conditions loud as you like to draw them in from afar then press the up or down button in this case the down button.

The scene is set i am on new land with the head keeper of a large shooting estate, he has been in touch through another gamekeeper friend who has forwarded me as guy who will help him out with his fox control, so as you do trying to impress this guy who i have just met, the objective was to see if i was any good at calling foxes.

Who is he kidding its 2nd nature to me i think of myself as the FOX WHISPERER, this will be a breeze so we get to a field were he says he has a problem, watch this i said on with the c.d. very low working up to full volume, any fox in a 5 mile radius will here this, i then lower the volume to half power and switch off.

Waited 5 or so mins. and charlie turns up MAGIC STUFF the keeper seems impressed, i ask how far do you want it in, lets see if we can try for about 70 yards he replies, no problem back on with the c.d. fox is about 300yds away and coming at a good pace, the keeper has the rifle out the window ready for the shot.

For no reason as they do the fox turns and runs so as quick as a flash up with the volume, i say to the keeper it will stop again which it does about 150 yds out, then turns and start coming again, i then say when its in about 70 yds i will stop the c.d. which should in turn stop the fox as it will wonder whats happened to its next meal HA HA HA.

In it comes, i say to the keeper are you ready, yes is his reply, reached over to switch off, and FCUK ME what do i do in the exitement i hit the wrong button and switch over to the radio and belting out the front of the truck comes the song "IS THIS THE WAY TO AMIRRILO"

DONT KNOW WHO GOT THE BIGGEST SHOCK ME the KEEPER or the FOX, he was on his toes and long gone never to be seen again.

We just looked at each other and burst out laughing, he must have seen the funny side as i ended up getting to shoot the estate for FOXES.

BLUSH BLUSH BLUSH

That is the funniest story iv'e heard in weeks (he says as he is running to the bog to clean his pants) Love it .......... :angry:

Ads

I've never forgot the bolt, never forgot the ammo, never forgot my coat, never forgot my knife, never locked my keys in the truck, never missed a shot,

I'm special me. :angry:

What day of the week is it. :ph34r:

Pete.

OK, I'll 'fess up.

Drove ~20miles on Sun to test some .22-250 loads on some magpies. Put on the bipod/sling/Geovids/.. and then realised I'd left the sodding ammo behind :lol:((((

Chris-NZ

BLUSH BLUSH BLUSH

Jimmy, would you have a copy of that CD to share??? The one with the calls obviously, not Amarillo.

OK, I'll 'fess up.

Drove ~20miles on Sun to test some .22-250 loads on some magpies. Put on the bipod/sling/Geovids/.. and then realised I'd left the sodding ammo behind :ph34r:((((

Chris-NZ

You didn't tell me all the story now did you Christopher? :angry:

Pete ( now up to speed ).

Archived