Well done 👍 glad you got it sorted mate .

I have mine set to HCD mode which is great for stalking ( Horizontal Component Distance  mode for angle compensated ranging.)  And on permanent Scan feature which’s displays continual distance readings when panning across a landscape or tracking a moving animal. 
once on the above settings I just leave it be and find it covers everything I seem to come up against from foxing to stalking on Isle of Arron . 

I think I accidentally set it on HCD mode, I didn’t know what it meant, but I’ll leave it on that, if it gives  the features You mention.   
Still haven’t got it reading beyond 1050 m, which is beyond my range, but can’t help wondering how they can claim it ranges from 5-500 yds?

Again, many thanks

That would depend on the model you have ? 
the fury  HD out to 1600 m max on reflective target 

fury 5000 HD out 5000 m max on reflective target 

I have ranged out to just over 3K but I have mine fixed on tripod which helps no end .

but let’s be honest, how far do we really need ? 1000m is fine me thinks 

I just think there a stunning piece of glass and nice Binos that suit my eyes a treat . 

• 11 months later...
On 9/29/2020 at 9:33 PM, Woodlander said:

I think I accidentally set it on HCD mode, I didn’t know what it meant, but I’ll leave it on that, if it gives  the features You mention.   
Still haven’t got it reading beyond 1050 m, which is beyond my range, but can’t help wondering how they can claim it ranges from 5-500 yds?

Again, many thanks

It has to be a very reflective object to go out that far , mine goes out 2500 on grass no problems

1 hour ago, Ian Warren said:

It has to be a very reflective object to go out that far , mine goes out 2500 on grass no problems

its not the being reflective thats the problem, its holding it still haha . best I have had is 3600m ish on a tree but I was using a tripod .