quick trip out over the valley today..........

Guest martin

I wasn't going to go out tonight,but,my brother-in-law was over,and,wanted to go out for a lamp,so,off we went.I was feeling a bit tired as I do sometimes after I had the stroke,but,I was up for it,and,will pay for it tomorrow.....oh well.We had a wander about,and,a bit of a squeek,and,a big dog fox came running like Linford Christie across from a few fields away,he never broke his stride until he was about 80-90yds away,and,he must of got a wind of us,although there was no wind at all.He diverted away,and,went through a fenceline,I carried on squeeking,and,lo and behold his girlfriend came from the same direction,but,turned off even before he had,and,she went through the same gap in the fence,so,as neither were interested in coming back,I made my way down to the gap,and,they were both in the middle of the field,and,I had a good backstop,so,I flipped out the sticks(hazel-homemade)and,got a bead on the nearest,which turned out to be the Vixen,as I was readying myself,she just sat down,so I drilled her straight through the chest(a very clinical 'Clean Kill')but,no evisceration this time,ah well,you can't win 'em all.The dog fox was staying right back now,and,on the skyline,and,although he did start to come in again with a few squeeks he was just to wary,and,was just walking side to side on the horizon,I was flagging by now,so I decided to leave him for another night.The farmer here is lambing in April,so there is a bit of a head start for him,and,although she was neither pregnant or had a litter lately,she certainly would be by then,and,have a litter to feed.Well it's a start,and,I do intend to give them a hiding this year,as apparently he lost quite a lot of lambs last year.Here she is.............

don't look Sika...........

IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

Oh,and a rather surprised bunny..........

IMG_1610.jpg

Guest magwa1962
I wasn't going to go out tonight,but,my brother-in-law was over,and,wanted to go out for a lamp,so,off we went.I was feeling a bit tired as I do sometimes after I had the stroke,but,I was up for it,and,will pay for it tomorrow.....oh well.We had a wander about,and,a bit of a squeek,and,a big dog fox came running like Linford Christie across from a few fields away,he never broke his stride until he was about 80-90yds away,and,he must of got a wind of us,although there was no wind at all.He diverted away,and,went through a fenceline,I carried on squeeking,and,lo and behold his girlfriend came from the same direction,but,turned off even before he had,and,she went through the same gap in the fence,so,as neither were interested in coming back,I made my way down to the gap,and,they were both in the middle of the field,and,I had a good backstop,so,I flipped out the sticks(hazel-homemade)and,got a bead on the nearest,which turned out to be the Vixen,as I was readying myself,she just sat down,so I drilled her straight through the chest(a very clinical 'Clean Kill')but,no evisceration this time,ah well,you can't win 'em all.The dog fox was staying right back now,and,on the skyline,and,although he did start to come in again with a few squeeks he was just to wary,and,was just walking side to side on the horizon,I was flagging by now,so I decided to leave him for another night.The farmer here is lambing in April,so there is a bit of a head start for him,and,although she was neither pregnant or had a litter lately,she certainly would be by then,and,have a litter to feed.Well it's a start,and,I do intend to give them a hiding this year,as apparently he lost quite a lot of lambs last year.Here she is.............

don't look Sika...........

IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

Oh,and a rather surprised bunny..........

IMG_1610.jpg

YEE HAA that man, cracking fox Martin, what rifle were you using.

Cheers Jimmy

Archived