Any sign of the roe rut yet?

Its probably been done before but thought it would be good and possibly helpful to build up a picture of what activity is about around the country.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello im in Angus area & saw my first today but think it will be better in a week if weather hold's.Mate up north has seen a buck on tuesday rutting & heard of another 3 buck's spotted rutting in same area as my mate.

Out this evening and the rut seems to be on, watched a mature buck giving a doe some serious attention, called in another buck but it was unshootable because of a hedge between us and stalked in to two bucks sparing with each other one of them is now in the larder :rolleyes:.

get yourselves up this weekend i have had plenty of info the rut is on mateys all the best atom :rolleyes::P

hi atom

me and pip will be up there this week end, don't be any later than sat or me and pip will only need a hand to load up the pick up. :D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

bring that butolo up with you so i can give it a blast,and see if i can call some in.

ATB

Colin :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well aint it just sods law, made the trip to scotland to my lease in the borders, the first day was a blank not a lot showing second day the buggers were chasing about everywhere rutting like there is no tomorrow just as the dreaded F&M was anounced, so there l was all fired up bloody bucks everywhere and no chance of bagging one legally :lol: .

Anyway it was not all bad l did manage to grass a charlie, spotted the bugger sculking around the shoot at mid day and after a short stalk to get a better position took him out at 160yds with the .243 :lol:

Monynut.

The bloody F&M has buggered my intentions this coming weekend. Will be going down anyway to shift accomadation.

Will at least get a chance to see the rut possibly if not able to take a shot

As for the foxes I got one the last time i was up in the square half mile. Across the little valley. About 130 yds with the 223 and 55grn Vmax.

Also on my neices husbands farm about a month ago i got a big dog fox that appeared to be very interested in a Doe feeding in an open field with her fawns nearby. He was that intent on his business that i got within about 100yds easily before i sent him to sleep.

Cheers

Eddie

Eddie.

The bloody F&M could not have come at a worse time for anybody lets hope things are sorted soon for everybody concerned not just us stalkers.

There are one or two cubs about on the shoot we had one running down the road to the flats by the bottom bridge no chance of a shot, but maybe a bit of calling may get you a result, by the way l am sure you know about the bridge at the bottom its not good at the moment take care on it.

Wish l could get up to help this weekend but l think Niel is turning up to lend a hand, good luck it may be a bugger to move.

Well done on the dog fox l have had a couple of vixens whilst lamping recently we are starting to get more open land now that the harvest is underway.

Hope to see you soon.

Cheers.

Paul.

Archived