3 in the snow

pnse

had a lookout last night wasn't expecting to see much with the full moon and the snow,got to the first farm at around 10,called in 3 different spots and saw nothing moving at-all said to my mate give the next farm a try lamped the field's as we were driving out and spotted a fox siting out at the bottom of the last Field before the gate to the main road so one between the eye's at just over 200yds had the first one in the bag.

got to the second farm and started calling,after about 20 min's a pair of eye's were spotted two Fields away ,told my mate to drive slowly down into the Field next to the one with the fox in it,drove through the gate and the fox had moved into this Field and was coming along the hedge line to wards us so gave a shout to stop her and number 2 was down.drove around this farm for about an hour and no more were to be seen.

called in to a small farm on the way home,within 2mins of getting set up and starting to call number 3 came flat out to the call and was shot at about 60yrd's,i think this fox would have run into the land rover if a vmax hadn't bowled him end over end in the snow.

it just goes to show that even if conditions are much less than ideal,you'll shoot alot more fox's out giving it a go as apposed to staying at home and saying it's to bright to lamp

DSCN1152.JPG

Great result Paul, i'm seriously tempted by the 20's, i've been shooting my father's 204 recently and love it

Kip was after what caller you use not calibre.

Cheers

Steve

:) sorry,thats what you get trying to read after 3hrs kip,i use a foxpro fx3

atb Paul

:) sorry,thats what you get trying to read after 3hrs kip,i use a foxpro fx3

atb Paul

I got a Foxpro too, which call do you find to be the best???

The woodpecker one i have had some results with, but lately they are not interested at all!!!!!!

I got a Foxpro too, which call do you find to be the best???

The woodpecker one i have had some results with, but lately they are not interested at all!!!!!!

i tend to use screamin rabbit and baby rabbit distress

atb paul

Archived