Foxing Norway Style

Toby

Posting some pics of how we do it over here.Not allowed to lamp over here so a nice snowy background good(as is an illuminated reticule for moonless nights)I use fish,dog biscuits,roadkill and leftovers from the farmers elk hunt for bait.My cabin is at the bottom of a valley and offers shots up to 200m.My bait is at 90m.Temperatures vary from 0c to -30c and up to 2m of snow,hence the snowshoes!I use either a 222 or my 6.5x55.I dont shoot many foxes a year but enjoy every trip,highlights include sightings of Lynx,Golden Eagles,Elk and RoeDSC00634.jpg. DSC01359.jpgDSC01360.jpgDSC01361.jpgDSC01363.jpgDSC00351.jpgDSC01999.jpg

nice pics toby, I have always enjoyed foxing in the snow but there hasnt been any good snow falls for a while in this country, anyhow nice pics.

Apart from the visibility factor another one of the advantages is it makes tracking any wounded foxes very easy.Blood trail on white snow,luckily I've only had the one runner so far,tracked it for a mile and a half,up and down hills with a faint blood trail which eventually stopped.Think that I shot low and just nicked its chest from the fur that I found at the shot site.All the others havent made it 15yds.-Toby

Archived