New scope

Rutland lad

Members - some advice please. 

I’ve owned and used a Zeiss Duralyt 4-12x50 (illuminated) as my stalking scope for the past 10 years. 
It’s a great VFM scope, but 10 years have passed and I wonder if more modern scopes are much of an improvement optically. 
Factor in I’m ten years older, if I do go for a new scope am I likely to notice the difference ?
This has all started since the Shooting Show at the NEC looking through every manufacturers nice shiny new scopes. 
The Steiner looked good VFM in my opinion.

Thoughts are welcome. 

What is your budget and main use for scope.

The problem is the Zeiss Duralyt is a pretty decent scope and you will need to pay quite a lot more to get any noticeable difference.    Is it just better optics you want - or maybe a better reticule - ability to dial in  - more mag - better light gathering.

BTW I use an old 6-24x56 Zeiss Victory - and a Karles 624i  -  the Zeiss is better optically - no doubt and better light gathering at dusk ...   but the Karles is better at everything else and a better LR scope