JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT

bigun

FOUND THIS ON ANOTHER SITE HAD A QUICK LOOK AND SEEMS OK ..... http://www.theboxotruth.com/

Panther,

l remember watchin' that on telly..... AK's and "plenty" of kevlar take some putting down. lf l remember rightly the last chap got it in the head at close range, when a cop sneaked up to a corner and poped out as said baddy was about to walk past....sneaky bugger

Was that the one where one was an ex marine with a note on his record as good in combat?

Didn't the cops end up having to raid the local gunshops for more kit.

Panther I actually meant the 357 under penetrated. I was anticipating more than what it achieved. Still I suppose you would have an headache if the fragments didn't get you..

That 7.62 x25 or actually 7.63 mauser was always very impressive.

When they developed the mauser I'm sure they requested the bullet must

penetrate a horses head at 400m, propably out of the C 96.

Even now the kevlar vest makers are worried about the 7.62x25 Tokarev

because one can also get hold of tungsten carbide armour piercing rounds for it.

edi

Interesting results and surprising what can happen in real life as opposed to simulations and design etc.

I once heard a conversation regarding knives and stab jackets.

Apparently the worry was if the knife was a pointed Y shape end on (looking from the receiving end), it was very effective, read too effective against stab jackets. Anybody shed any light on that ? not sure what the knife design was called.

Archived