A windy day

6mmBR

I got up this morning and the sun was shinning, so before starting my paper work I thought I'd pop out for a quick shot before the rain set in.

When I got to the farm the sky had already clouded over and the wind had started to pick up. I popped into the office to let them know where I was shooting and then set off.

I set up over looking the rabbit warrens in the dunes.

DSCF0329.jpg

The wind was steadily increasing showing a constant 9mph with gusts to 14mph. I sat and glassed the warren but nothing wanted to pop its head out.

A magpie landed in a bush to survey the scenery and finally got the confidence to land at 212 yards, sadly the wind drifted the 87 V max down its right side sending plumes of mud instead of feathers into the air.

I waited a while longer and a big old crow landed in the field just over 150 yards away, an 87 Vmax making short work of him.

DSCF0350.jpg

The clouds got ever darker and the little window of morning sunshine came to an end. The rain started in ernest so it was time to pack up and get some paper work done.

I was only out a couple of hours but it was great to be doing a bit of varminting again. Role on the longer evenings.

Cheers

Dave

Cheers Andy, sadly if you remember this place I have to use a moderator.

Never mind the big boomer is going to have a run out at Bisley on the weekend, going to have a crack at an F class match with Dasherman.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Steve, I think it's going to be interesting to say the least.

I'll find out how good a 142 SMK does in 25 mph winds ;)

Lets hope the forecast is wrong and its a bit better than forecast.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Steve, I think it's going to be interesting to say the least.

I'll find out how good a 142 SMK does in 25 mph winds :o

Lets hope the forecast is wrong and its a bit better than forecast.

Cheers

Dave

How did you get on Dave ???

Cheers lads, lucky the winds were not as forecast.

It was a good experience also allowing me to confirm my long distance settings against Exbal and they were spot on.

It will be a big help with my varminting over the summer months.

Cheers

Dave

Archived