have a look here

col48

Interesting story, I wonder how many people have bought secondhand air rifles and had them checked?

Not many I would have thought.

I also wonder how common knowledge to your average punter, not people on here, this would all be and if they would even know what foot pounds was????

Where or how do you guys come up with these kinds of titles ?

308Panther

When you foreign chappies learn to talk and write the English language properly your question will be answered :lol: .

Pete.

Col

He wasn't carrying it:

The gun was seized during the execution of a warrant at Fisher's home in Tamworth in connection with a domestic incident.

If these are the facts, I hope he appeals.

i was under the impression that carrying owning having in your possession or just having access to all meant the same thing

access to an off ticket firearm ??? and a minimum of 5 years was meant to be the sentence. ???

this was the government's hard line stance on gun crime.

its a sham they did not give law abiding gun owners so much leaniance. we might have still had access to hand guns.but we are the soft targets.

i was all so under the impression that ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law. this means it is your responsibility to make sure you buy and keep everything within the law of the land.

IE saying i did not know i could not have a hand gun down the front off my pants, or i did not know i could not have a 14 ft lb air rifle.

this law all so applies to virtually every thing. be it traffic offence.

now i'm not saying the chap should have got anything,but what is the point in saying you will get this for firearms offences.then doing the exact opposite.

there has not been 1 person sentenced to the minimum sentence of 5 years for carrying or having access to a ILEGAL FIREARM

so much for being though on gun crime.

ATB

Colin ;)

Has ANYONE heard of the expert they quote, The Rev Barry Peachey, I never have.

It is an offence to own or sell an air rifle that is capable of generating over 12 ft lbs with ANY pellet of that caliber without it being on a FAC. A rifle tested with a light pellet such as a Wasp may just fall under the limit, pop a heavy one in and over you go. Thats why most of the air rifle manufacturers have lowered their factory power settings from 11.9 when I was playing with them 30 years plus ago to 11.8 today.

If he owned it he is liable and will get done.

A

Well folks, l've never heard about the Right Rev' but l'm damn well going to learn!!! Do a Google on the chap.....

http://the-shg.org.... l've shortened this title up, but you'll find it easily enough..... some of it should make for interesting reading

Archived